About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering sports words in French will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn words and phrases about sports in French. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding French words for sports and activities, like tennis and hockey
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning French (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn words and phrases about sports in French
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra French learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Sports & Activities in French: Vocabulary & Phrases chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Sports & Activities in French: Vocabulary & Phrases chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any French vocabulary question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a sports and activities unit of a standard French course. Topics covered include:
- Hockey vocabulary
- Tennis terms
- More sports vocabulary in French
1. French Hockey Vocabulary
This lesson will provide an overview of hockey vocabulary in French, including hockey gear and equipment, people and positions, and other key terms. This vocabulary will help you better enjoy this sport, a favorite pastime among French speakers in Canada.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic French: Help & Review course
- Basic French Vocabulary
- Basic French Spelling & Pronunciation
- French Sentence Structure
- French Nouns & Pronouns
- Basic French Verbs
- French Verb Tenses & Conjugation
- French Adjectives & Adverbs
- French Expressions
- Places in French: Vocabulary & Phrases
- Animals in French: Vocabulary & Phrases
- Jobs in French: Vocabulary & Phrases
- Writing in French
- Food in French: Vocabulary & Phrases
- Culture in French: Vocabulary & Phrases
- The Home in French: Vocabulary & Phrases