About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other SAT math work.
- Identify the square roots concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our SAT Mathematics Level 2 Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about square roots to prepare for the subject test. This resource can help students, including those who:
- Struggle with understanding square roots of perfect squares, complex expressions containing square roots, methods for simplifying square roots or any other square roots topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves struggling to prepare for the SAT
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to excel on the SAT mathematics level 2 subject test
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about square roots simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live math tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about square roots on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and re-watch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Calculate the square root of a perfect square.
- Define the square root operation.
- Learn how to estimate a number's square root.
- Simplify squares that are imperfect.
- Discover how to simplify square roots with numbers.
1. Evaluating Square Roots of Perfect Squares
Squares and square roots are inverse, or opposite, operations involving radicals. Learn how to determine the square root of perfect squares in this lesson.
2. Estimating Square Roots
Inverse operations are mathematical operations that undo each other. The square root is the inverse of the squared (or multiplying a number by itself) operation. There is an easy method for estimating the square root of a number, which you will learn in this lesson.
3. Simplifying Square Roots When not a Perfect Square
Numbers that are imperfect squares are those that, when evaluated, do not give solutions that are integers. The proper mathematical way to simplify these imperfect squares is discussed in this lesson.
4. Simplifying Expressions Containing Square Roots
In order to write radical expressions correctly, they have to be written in their simplest form. This lesson will show you how to simplify expressions containing numbers and variables inside a square root.
5. 2 Times the Square Root of 2: How-to & Steps
How do you find 2 times the square root of 2 without a calculator? This lesson will show you how to do exactly that using the process of iteration, or educated guessing.
6. Simplifying the Square Root of 50
How do you simplify an expression like the square root of 50? It's not a perfect square, but it does factor. This lesson goes over the rules and process for simplifying numbers underneath the square root symbol.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SAT Subject Test Mathematics Level 2: Tutoring Solution course
- SAT Math Level 2 Structure & Strategy: Tutoring Solution
- Basic Math Review: Tutoring Solution
- Basic Algebraic Expressions in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Exponents in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Vectors: Tutoring Solution
- Linear Equations & Inequalities in Algebra: Tutoring Solution
- Absolute Value Equations & Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- Polynomials in Algebra: Tutoring Solution
- Functions in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Rational Expressions in Algebra: Tutoring Solution
- Matrices: Tutoring Solution
- Sequences and Series in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Exponentials and Logarithms in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Complex Numbers in Math: Tutoring Solution
- Coordinate Geometry Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Graphing Linear Equations & Inequalities: Tutoring Solution
- Advanced Coordinate Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- Three-Dimensional Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- Overview of Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Probability, Combinations & Permutations: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Data & Statistics: Tutoring Solution
- Logic: Tutoring Solution
- Limits in Math: Tutoring Solution