About This Chapter
Squares & Square Roots in Algebra Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
This chapter offers teachers easy-to-use lesson plan outlines on square roots and perfect squares. These outlines can be accessed at any time, and they're intended to make your lesson planning process quick and easy. The chapter also includes topical lessons that can help your students learn how to evaluate the square roots of perfect squares.
Additionally, the chapter includes a variety of fun square root activities and games that you can use to engage your class. For you're convenience, we've made the chapter accessible on any computer or mobile device.
How It Helps
- Lesson planning: Enables you to plan your square and square root lessons at school, at home or wherever you happen to be.
- Student engagement: Provides entertaining games and activities to boost your students' algebra skills.
- Additional resources: Includes several supplemental online teaching resources that can easily be integrated in the classroom.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning lessons about squares and square roots easy.
- Use lesson plan outlines for specific square and square root topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your algebra class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related square and square root lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important square and square root concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant square and square root activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Square Roots Lesson Plan
Teach your students about square roots with this lesson plan. Students will read a text lesson defining and explaining the term, then work on how to calculate square roots with guidance. Practice more with a fun game and then give students a quiz to check understanding.
2. Square Roots: Lesson for Kids
Like trees, numbers have roots! Have you ever heard of a square tree? In this lesson, you will see what a square tree looks like. You will also learn how to find the square root of a number!
3. Square Root Activities & Games
Use this lesson to practice and reinforce ideas related to square roots. Game and activity ideas are given to get students on varying levels active and engaged with easy-to-use directions.
4. Perfect Squares Lesson Plan
What is a perfect square and what steps must be taken to calculate one? This lesson plan uses an informative video lesson to explain key principles and an activity to broaden understanding.
5. Evaluating Square Roots of Perfect Squares
Squares and square roots are inverse, or opposite, operations involving radicals. Learn how to determine the square root of perfect squares in this lesson.
6. Radical Expressions Activities for High School Math
As a high school algebra teacher, one of your tasks is to help students understand and solve expressions that include radicals. This lesson offers some activities that make this aspect of teaching more fun and meaningful.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Algebra Lesson Plans & Activities course