About This Chapter
STAAR US History: Economic Interdependence in the 21st Century - Chapter Summary
The STAAR U.S. History EOC exam may include questions that deal with economic interdependence in the 21st century. Studying this chapter will help you review what you need to know about:
- The importance of entrepreneurship
- Sam Walton and Bill Gates
- Economic growth and government intervention
- Impacts of information technology
- Globalization, the international market and politics in international business
We keep our lessons short and focused to make reviewing information about the economy easier. You can read transcripts of the lessons to focus on economic vocabulary words, and complete each self-assessment quiz to measure what you've absorbed.
1. Entrepreneurship & the Economy: Definition & Importance
Entrepreneurs fill a vitally important role in market economies. In this lesson, you'll learn about the importance of entrepreneurship, different types of entrepreneurs and how they add value to an economy.
2. Sam Walton: Biography & Career Profile
This lesson will explore the life and career of the American entrepreneur Sam Walton, the successful businessman behind Walmart, one of the largest retailers in the world.
3. Bill Gates: Biography & Career Profile
Bill Gates is a name known to most of us, but what is the story behind the success? In this lesson we'll look at Bill Gates' life and career, including his work in both computer technology and global philanthropy.
4. Economic Growth, Productivity & Policy
This lesson explains the concepts of economic growth, productivity, and policy. It also shows how companies can impact each other's growth and productivity, and how both monetary and fiscal policy affects the economy as a whole.
5. Government Intervention in the Economy: Issues & Factors
In this lesson, you'll consider the question of when it's worthwhile for the government to take action related to the economy. We'll use concrete examples to help you understand these hotly debated issues.
6. Information Technology: Impact on the Economy
7. What Is Globalization of Business? - Definition, Impact & Effects
What is globalization of business? In this lesson we'll discuss what it is, its impact on the global marketplace, and the effects of globalization on businesses worldwide.
8. International Market: Definition & Explanation
If you've sold a product on E-bay outside the United States, you sold your product in an international market. In this lesson, you'll learn what an international market is and explore some of its key concepts.
9. Political Environment in International Business: Definition, Factors & Impact
Governments and politics play a large role in international business. In this lesson, you'll learn about the political environment in international business, some of its key factors, and its impact. A short quiz follows.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the STAAR U.S. History: Test Prep & Practice course
- STAAR US History: Independence & the Founding Fathers
- STAAR US History: Historical Eras & Significant Events (1877 to Present)
- STAAR US History: Political, Economic & Social Change (1877-1898)
- STAAR US History: United States as a World Power (1898-1920)
- STAAR US History: World War I
- STAAR US History: Early 20th Century Reform & Third-Party Movements
- STAAR US History: Individuals & Social Change During the 1920s
- STAAR US History: World War II
- STAAR US History: Cold War & the United States
- STAAR US History: The Vietnam War
- STAAR US History: The Civil Rights Movement
- STAAR US History: Civil Rights Legislation
- STAAR US History: Role of US in the World (1970-1990)
- STAAR US History: Ronald Reagan & the Rise of Conservatism
- STAAR US History: Foreign Policy & the Gulf War
- STAAR US History: Geographic Factors & Events
- STAAR US History: Migration, Immigration & American Society
- STAAR US History: Population Growth & Environmental Concerns
- STAAR US History: Arts & Culture
- STAAR US History: People Contributing to National Identity
- STAAR US History: Changing Role of the Government
- STAAR US History: Domestic & Global Accountability in Government
- STAAR US History: Government Branches & Checks & Balances
- STAAR US History: Landmark Supreme Court Cases
- STAAR US History: Core Values & the Democratic Process
- STAAR US History: Major Amendments to the US Constitution
- STAAR US History: Civic Participation & Leadership
- STAAR US History: Legislation & Economic Growth (1870-1920)
- STAAR US History: Economic Development Between WWI & WWII
- STAAR US History: Economic Effects of World War II & the Cold War
- STAAR US History: Impact of Science & Technology on Economic Development
- STAAR US History: Research & Analyzing Information
- STAAR US History: Critical Thinking & Writing
- About the STARR Tests
- STAAR U.S. History Flashcards