About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering counseling stages material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn stages of counseling. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding career counseling stages
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning counseling guidance counseling(visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about counseling stages
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra guidance counseling learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Stages of Counseling chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Stages of Counseling chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question about becoming a career counselor. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a stages of counseling unit of a standard guidance counseling course. Topics covered include:
- The initial steps and interview of the counseling intake process
- Applying types of assessment in counseling
- The art of working through the counseling relationship
- When and how to terminate the counseling relationship
1. The Counseling Intake Process & Initial Interview
We will look at the counseling intake process as a person who is entering in counseling. Each step will be explained by a process we are all familiar with: medical doctor's office visits.
2. Testing and Assessment in Counseling: Types & Uses
Why do counselors test their clients? What kind of assessments are out there? This lesson looks into these and other issues of testing and assessment.
3. The Middle Stages: Working Within The Counseling Relationship
This lesson explores the process and issues concerned with the middle stages of counseling, which occurs between a counselor and the client. Ways to handle issues are also discussed.
4. Termination During the Counseling Process: Function, Timing & Related Issues
The process of counseling must eventually come to an end. This lesson explores the ways a termination may occur as well as minor ways to mitigate issues.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Guide to Becoming a Career Counselor course