About This Chapter
Stakeholder Communication - Chapter Summary
Use this chapter for a quick explanation on the proper strategies and approaches for stakeholder communication. These business communication lessons introduce you to the protocols and standards used for working with stakeholders, including management strategies, communication options, presentation tactics, and more. Those who finish the chapter should gain the skills necessary to do the following:
- Explain professional conduct and the PMI code of ethics
- Identify the role of project stakeholders in business
- Point out ways for stakeholders and organizations to build collaborative relationships
- Understand the importance of stakeholder management
- Utilize stakeholder management plans
- Show the pros and cons of different channels of communication
- Establish audience-centered communication
- Outline steps for building audience-centered presentations
- Create audience-centered presentations
- Share the benefits of project communications management
- Analyze the requirements for project communication
- Develop and apply a portfolio communication strategy plan
Our instructors have created both video and text lessons to help you remember all the details about stakeholder communication. Video lessons include voiceover explanations directly from our instructors, almost as if you were sitting in a real classroom listening to an actual lecture. Text lessons include key terms highlighted in bold for easy reference. Both the videos and articles use humor and real-world examples to explain each topic while keeping you entertained and engaged.
1. PMI® Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct
This lesson will discuss the Project Management Institute (PMI)® Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. The lesson will explain in detail the principles of ethical decision-making.
2. Project Stakeholders: Definition, Role & Identification
In this lesson, we'll learn what a project stakeholder is and how to identify project stakeholders. We'll also review how to characterize stakeholders and create a plan to manage stakeholder engagement and communication.
3. Building Collaborative Relationships Between Organizations & Their Stakeholders
Companies need to invest time in building collaborative relationships between organizations and their stakeholders. In this lesson, you will learn about stakeholder engagement stages.
4. Stakeholder Management: Definition & Importance
In this lesson, you will learn about project stakeholders and why stakeholder management is a very important part of project management. You will also learn what should be included in a good stakeholder management plan and how it can assist you in managing your stakeholders.
5. Stakeholder Management Plan: Definition & Example
This lesson provides an overview and definition of stakeholder management planning within the project management pre-planning methodology. It also includes examples of how stakeholder management plans are used in the project planning industry.
6. Project Communications Management: Benefits & Importance
In this lesson, we'll learn about project communications management, why it's important, what benefits can be gained from using it, and how to create a communications management process for project management.
7. Project Communication Requirements Analysis
This lesson will tie the process of communication requirement analysis in to overall communications planning. It will also recommend components to consider including in a communications plan and suggest ways to perform communication requirements analysis.
8. Portfolio Communication Strategy Plan
A project portfolio cannot exist in a vacuum; it is important to create a communication plan for the portfolio. In this lesson you will learn how to create a plan, review the plan, and use it to ensure success of the portfolio.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PfMP® Study Guide - Portfolio Management Professional course