About This Chapter
Starting a New Business - Chapter Summary
Before opening a new business, several steps must be followed to ensure adequate staffing and all codes and regulations are met. Investigate all the essentials steps needed to begin a business in this informative chapter.
As you follow each lesson, you'll review how to write a business plan and what types of licenses and permits are required for new businesses. Additionally, you'll evaluate concepts including:
- Start-up budgets
- Microfinance availability for small businesses and entrepreneurs
As you study the process of starting a new business in this detailed chapter, check your comprehension along the way using the lesson quizzes and chapter exam. You can also use the printable quiz worksheet to help identify key concepts as you review the lesson. Track your progress through the chapter using the dashboard feature and enjoy the flexibility of viewing lessons from most any device. Expert instructors are also always available to answer questions, if needed.
1. Steps & Aspects for Starting a New Business
You wake up dreaming of a business venture, think about it often during the day, and wish for it before going to sleep. If you want to be your own boss, there are a few simple steps to help you get ready to start your own business. This lesson will help you get going.
2. How to Write a Business Plan
Staring a new business can be both exhilarating and intimidating. As with most things in life, having a plan tends to lead to better outcomes. In this lesson, you'll learn the basics of writing a business plan for a new start-up.
3. Types of Business Licenses & Permits
Just about every business requires some form of licensing or permit. Licenses and permits are issued by federal, state, and local authorities and can range from a mere permit to conduct business to specific licenses.
4. Start-Up Budget: Definition & Example
This lesson will define a start-up budget. We'll look at an example budget from the perspective of a potential lender, along with a list of items to remember when building the budget.
5. Microfinance for Entrepreneurs & Small Businesses
In this lesson, we define what microfinancing is and explore the uses and goals of this incredibly new and exciting form of economic assistance geared toward helping those in the third world.
6. What is Crowdsourcing? - Definition & Examples
This lesson explores why crowdsourcing is a valuable tool for business and how it can be applied to marketing related tasks. Companies usually have an interest in crowdsourcing because it is free and allows their talent pool to grow.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GACE Business Education (542): Practice & Study Guide course
- Ethics in Business
- Understanding Contract Law
- Government Regulation of Business
- The Ethics of Advertising, Marketing & Privacy
- Property Law Basics
- Employment Law
- Collective Bargaining & Unions
- Workplace Communication
- The Central Bank & Monetary Policy
- Economic & Political Systems
- Basics of Economics & Finance
- Economic Indicators
- Fiscal & Monetary Policies in Economics
- International Trade Laws & Regulations
- Financial Management & Planning
- Fundamentals of Money & Banking
- Principles of Personal Finance
- Securities Market Basics
- Creditors' Rights in Business Law
- Negotiable Instruments
- Insurance & Managing Risk
- Business Planning & Organizational Design
- Organizational & Group Behaviors in Business Management
- Management Styles & Theory
- Leadership and Management
- Motivation in Business Management
- Strategic Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Work Groups & Teams
- Human Resources Basics
- Employee Benefits
- Production & Operations Management
- Computation in Business
- Basic Statistical Analysis for Business
- Quantitative Analysis in Business
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Customer Relationship Strategies & Maintenance
- E-Commerce Business Models
- Use of Information Systems in Business
- Business Software
- Network Systems Technology Overview
- Information Security & Protection
- Career & Professional Development in Business
- GACE Business Education Flashcards