About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Statistics in Algebra II chapter into a 5-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||Mean, median, mode and range||Central tendency, average, middle number, outlier, most common number, difference between greatest and smallest numbers|
|Tuesday||Measures of dispersion and skewness||Dispersion, tails, positive and negative skew|
|Wednesday||Normal distribution||Bell curve, Carl Gauss, steepness, standard deviation, empirical rule|
|Thursday||Regression analysis||Relating variables, linear model, prediction|
|Friday||Tables, schedules, bar graphs and pie charts||Times and events, columns and rows, quick data comparison, intervals, proportional parts|
1. How to Calculate Mean, Median, Mode & Range
Measures of central tendency can provide valuable information about a set of data. In this lesson, explore how to calculate the mean, median, mode and range of any given data set.
2. Measures of Dispersion and Skewness
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can describe your data using two different statistical characteristics. Learn what it means for your graph to have variability and what it means for your graph to be skewed.
3. Normal Distribution: Definition, Properties, Characteristics & Example
In this lesson, we will look at the Normal Distribution, more commonly known as the Bell Curve. We'll look at some of its fascinating properties and learn why it is one of the most important distributions in the study of data.
4. Regression Analysis: Definition & Examples
Watch this video lesson to learn about regression analysis and how you can use it to help you analyze and better understand data that you receive from surveys or observations. Learn what is involved in regression analysis and what to look out for.
5. Organizing and Understanding Data with Tables & Schedules
In math, when we have to deal with a lot of data, having a visual format to present all the data becomes very useful. Watch this video lesson to learn how you can take advantage of two of these visual formats.
6. Understanding Bar Graphs and Pie Charts
In this lesson, we will examine two of the most widely used types of graphs: bar graphs and pie charts. These two graphs can provide the reader with a comparison of the different data that is displayed.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Algebra II Curriculum Resource & Lesson Plans course
- Basic Arithmetic in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Algebraic Expressions & Equations Lesson Plans
- Real Numbers in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Complex & Imaginary Numbers in Algebra Lesson Plans
- Exponents & Exponential Expressions in Algebra Lesson Plans
- Properties of Functions in Algebra Lesson Plans
- Linear Equations in Algebra Lesson Plans
- Systems of Linear Equations in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Working with Inequalities in Algebra Lesson Plans
- Matrices & Determinants in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Absolute Value Review in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Polynomials in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Factoring in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Quadratic Equations in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Rational Expressions in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Graphing & Functions in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Roots & Radical Expressions in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Exponential & Logarithmic Functions: Lesson Plans
- Conic Sections in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Sequence & Series in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Sets in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Combinatorics in Algebra II Lesson Plans
- Lesson Plans for Calculations, Ratios, Percent & Proportions
- Trigonometry in Algebra II Lesson Plans