About This Chapter
Stock Exchange in India - Chapter Summary
Make sure you understand how the stock exchange in India operates by opening up this chapter. Use the chapter menu to look at the available lesson topics, then select any of the individual lessons to learn about such concepts as the locations of financial capitals worldwide, investments, bear markets, futures contracts, spot delivery, and more. When you come to the end of the chapter, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe the process of trading securities on the stock exchange
- Explain investment bankers and securities markets
- Define the meaning of a bull market
- Compare the roles of brokers and dealers in the stock market
- Point out examples of delivery and contracts
- Differentiate dividend payments from cash dividends
- Offer examples of major stock exchanges in India
- Establish the function of the Securities and Exchange Board in India
When it comes to studying for exams, we know you want effective tools that are convenient. That's why we do all the heavy lifting and keep all of our learning materials for this commerce chapter in one online location. No more hauling around a backpack full of books and overstuffed binders. Just log on and use your user dashboard to find the chapter you want to review, to go back to where you last left off studying, and to go over your most recent quiz scores.
1. Trading Securities on the Stock Exchange
Stocks are traded all over the world seven days a week, 24 hours a day on stock exchanges located in the world's financial capitals, such as New York, London, Tokyo and Hong Kong. In this lesson, you'll learn how stocks are traded.
2. Securities Markets and Investment Bankers
Securities markets and investment banks provide opportunities for companies to obtain capital and people to make investments to increase their wealth. In this lesson, you'll learn about securities markets and the players involved.
3. What is a Bull Market? - Definition & Meaning
Did you know that a bull market is named as such because bulls attack their opponents by swinging their horns upward? Learn more about a bull market, its characteristics, and how it differs from a bear market. Then test your knowledge with a quiz.
4. Dealers & Brokers in the Stock Market
The New York Stock Exchange serves as a marketplace for dealers and brokers to buy and sell stocks. In this lesson we will examine the distinction between dealers and brokers.
5. Cash Dividends & Dividend Payment
When a company decides to pay a dividend to shareholders, they first have to decide what type of dividend to pay. In this lesson, we'll examine the most common types of dividends and look at the timeline for cash dividend payments.
6. Major Stock Exchanges in India
India is home to several stock exchanges. This lesson will describe the major stock exchanges in India, as well as highlight several other stock markets.
7. Securities & Exchange Board of India: Definition & Function
In this lesson, we'll discuss the functions of the Securities and Exchange Board of India. We'll also outline what the Securities and Exchange Board of India is responsible for.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ISC Commerce: Study Guide & Syllabus course
- Introduction to Indian Commercial Organization
- Forms of Indian Business Organizations
- Social Responsibility of Businesses
- Emerging Modes of Business
- Types of Trade
- Understanding Foreign Trade
- Insurance & Risk Management Basics
- Business Environment Overview
- Types of Financing
- Management Theories & Functions
- Marketing in India
- ISC Commerce Flashcards