About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering strategic marketing planning material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn strategic marketing planning. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding strategic marketing planning
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning sales and marketing (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about strategic marketing planning
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra sales and marketing learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Strategic Marketing Planning chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Strategic Marketing Planning chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any strategic marketing planning question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a strategic marketing planning unit of a standard sales course. Topics covered include:
- Competitive advantage
- Business plans
- SWOT analysis
- Target marketing
- The marketing mix
- Strategic alternatives in marketing
1. Competitive Advantage: The Importance of Strategic Marketing
Companies have many options when it comes to gaining market share and increasing profits. Learn about strategic marketing and the tools companies use to their advantage.
2. Business Plans: How to Develop a Business Mission Statement
Companies must develop an effective business mission statement in order to have an effective foundation for their marketing plan. This lesson explains what a mission statement is and the characteristics of a good business mission statement.
3. What is SWOT: Situation Analysis in Marketing
A successful business needs to know its capabilities as well as the marketplace in which it competes. In this video, learn how to define a mission statement and conduct a situational analysis.
4. Types of Competitive Advantage: Cost, Product, Niche & Sustainable Advantages
Companies need that special something to draw in new customers and keep them coming back. Learn about competitive advantage and the different ways a company can have it.
5. How to Identify Strategic Alternatives in Marketing
Marketing managers must decide the type of strategic alternative that will be undertaken for their marketing plan. Managers can choose from four options to increase sales and profits.
6. Target Market Strategies for Successful Business
If you've ever felt persuaded to buy an item by an ad, you've likely been defined as part of a target market. Though you may not know it, advertisements are created specifically for people similar to you. In this lesson, you'll learn how marketing firms identify a target market, create basic target market strategies and use a marketing mix for a product or service.
7. The Marketing Mix: Product, Place, Price & Promotion
A marketing plan is the central part of the overall marketing strategy. A marketing plan's main focus is the marketing mix, which consists of product, place, promotion and price decisions. All four elements are very flexible and have many options. The main purpose of the marketing mix is to effectively communicate with the target market.
8. Online Video Marketing Strategies
When creating online video marketing strategies, it's important to be unique. Online video marketing strategies should be created to help set your company apart from competitors. In this lesson, discover three key elements of online videos.
9. How to Write a Market Analysis
In this lesson you will learn how to write a market analysis. You will understand what specific information should be included in each section of a market analysis.
10. How to Write a Marketing Plan
In this lesson, you'll learn how to write a marketing plan. We'll explore a step-by-step process for organizing and formatting a marketing plan for your business.
11. Focus Strategy: Definition & Examples
There are many ways for brands and companies to set themselves apart in a competitive marketing landscape. In this lesson, you will learn more about focus strategy as a marketing tactic.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Sales and Marketing: Help & Review course
- Foundations of Sales & Marketing
- Ethical Sales & Marketing
- Sales & the Law
- Sustainable & International Marketing
- The Market Research Process
- Marketing Analytics & Data
- Consumer & Business Marketing
- Segmentation and Product Marketing
- New Product Development & Marketing
- Product Planning & Promotion
- Distribution & Logistics
- Direct & Online Marketing
- Product Branding & Strategies
- Advertising & Sales Promotion
- Selling & Pricing Strategies
- Social Media Marketing Overview