About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering strategic marketing material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn marketing strategy. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding strategic marketing
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning marketing (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about strategic marketing
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra marketing learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the strategic marketing chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the strategic marketing chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any marketing question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a strategic marketing unit of a standard Internet marketing course. Topics covered include:
- Marketing applications and objectives
- Marketing strategies
- The competitive advantage of strategic marketing
- Target markets
- How marketing environment influences strategic decisions
- Advertising and media selection in marketing strategy
1. Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
In this introductory video lesson on marketing, you'll learn what marketing is, how it's used to reach consumers and why it's important to businesses. You'll also see how exchange is related to marketing.
2. What Are Marketing Objectives? - Examples & Overview
Marketing objectives are essential for any organization that wants to raise awareness about itself, its products, or its services. Great marketing objectives should help build organizational awareness and grow customer loyalty.
3. What Is Marketing Strategy? - Examples & Objectives
In this lesson, we will focus on the components and core elements used to plan a marketing strategy. In addition, we will discuss the importance of measuring the impact of a marketing strategy.
4. Competitive Advantage: The Importance of Strategic Marketing
Companies have many options when it comes to gaining market share and increasing profits. Learn about strategic marketing and the tools companies use to their advantage.
5. Target Market Strategies for Successful Business
If you've ever felt persuaded to buy an item by an ad, you've likely been defined as part of a target market. Though you may not know it, advertisements are created specifically for people similar to you. In this lesson, you'll learn how marketing firms identify a target market, create basic target market strategies and use a marketing mix for a product or service.
6. Marketing Environment: External Influences on Marketing Strategy
What influences how a business sells its products - and itself? In this lesson, you will learn more about external influences that affect the marketing strategy of a business.
7. Advertising Media Choices and Marketing Strategy
There are many different types of advertising media that marketing managers can choose from in order to create a successful marketing strategy. This lesson covers some of those options, including printed media, television and outdoor media.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.