About This Chapter
Strategic Planning for Marketing, Sales & Finance - Chapter Summary
Use these lessons to show your company's leaders in the best methods for developing sales, finance and marketing strategies that comply with governmental and customer regulations. Watching these videos may help your managers and executives learn about the following:
- Methods of internal and external business analysis
- The operational or cost impacts of regulatory compliance
- Ways to organize a business
- Planning product and service lines
- How to develop a marketing plan
- Characteristics of a sound sales strategy
- Presentation of funding requests
These lessons can be used by individuals in your company, but are especially useful as part of a group corporate training program that allows for brainstorming among the participants. Quizzes at the end of each lesson can provoke discussion, and real decisions may come out of these training meetings.
How It Helps
- Promotes discussion: Thinking about and discussing these issues related to strategic planning enables your leadership team to share ideas and fosters camaraderie.
- Emphasizes the benefits of planning: By presenting this information to your company's leaders, you can help them understand how to improve productivity and profitability through planning.
- Secures investors and financing: These lessons will show company executives how to present a sound proposal for financing, one that lists requirements, strategies for using the money and repayment plans.
Completing our lessons and quizzes should leave your company's leaders able to:
- Employ different methods of analyzing competing companies as well as their own operations
- Report on the governmental or customer regulations that impact the business
- Decide on the best system of organizational structure
- Analyze key components in writing a description of the business' services or products
- List components of a marketing plan
- Identify primary elements to employ in a sales strategy
- Explain how companies should present funding requests
1. Internal & External Analysis: Definition & Tools
Welcome to project management internal and external analysis, where you will learn how to take a great idea and translate it into an even better project through a sound research process called SWOT.
2. The Business Effects of Regulatory Restrictions & Compliance
Did you know that regulatory restrictions and compliance have direct effects on business? The effects can be positive or negative, and as is the case with anything related to government, it's often politicized.
3. Organizational Structure & Ownership of a Business
There are four ways a business can be organized: sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability, and corporation. Each form of ownership takes on a different structure with regards to tax liabilities, income, and risks.
4. Considering Stock Types When Creating Business Plans
In this lesson, we'll define a business plan and explore different types of stock. You'll learn about advantages and disadvantages of each, and we'll also discuss an important piece of securities legislation, Regulation D.
5. The Importance of Key Person Profiles in a Business Plan
This lesson explains the importance of thorough and detailed profiles of key persons in a business plan. It also gives examples of strong profiles to move toward writing a more successful business plan.
6. The Importance of Planning Product or Service Lines
In this lesson, we will define what a product/service line is, along with addressing the factors which make product/service lines so important and providing examples of several product lines.
7. What is a Marketing Plan? - Definition & Sample
In this lesson, we will learn what a marketing plan is and why it is so important for a business to have one. We will cover the specific strategies the plan should have in order to help the organization achieve its goals.
8. Practical Application: Marketing Plan Template
This template will help you design a marketing plan and fill in all the steps necessary to achieve the goals of the plan. Here, you'll be able to create your own marketing plan and tailor it to your business needs.
9. Sales Strategy: Definition, Elements & Implementation
Understanding sales strategy and implementing effective plans can help a company sell more of its product and target the appropriate customer. This lesson explains the logic in establishing a sales strategy.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Creating a Business Plan course