About This Chapter
Strategic Relationship Building - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, our instructors discuss the strategies necessary to develop strong professional relationships. Employees will learn about:
- Relationship building skills
- Communication insights for different types of business relationships
- Benefits of developing key relationships
These corporate training lessons combine impactful presentations designed by business experts with engaging visuals to help your employees develop strategic relationships. Lesson quizzes and a chapter exam offer tools to quickly gauge employees' comprehension of lesson materials.
How It Helps
- Grows relationships: The lessons in this chapter show your employees how to create and nurture business relationships.
- Improves interpersonal skills: By watching these lessons, employees will gain a nuanced understanding of the interactions suitable to different types of business relationships.
- Highlights the advantages of effective business relationships: This chapter helps employees clearly see the many benefits that strong, long-lasting business relationships will bring to their own careers as well as to your company.
By the end of this chapter, employees will be able to:
- Outline the skills needed to create effective business relationships within the workplace and with customers and other business associates
- Understand how different types of business relationships drive the dynamics of their interactions with the other person
- Describe how effective business relationships will help them achieve the results they desire for themselves, their company and their customers
1. Skills for Building Business Relationships
You can build solid, positive relationships with co-workers, clients, and vendors. By following the steps in this lesson, you will have the skills to build long-standing business relationships.
2. Practical Application: Assessing Skills for Building Business Relationships
This questionnaire will help you assess your skills regarding the ability to build business relationships. After going through the questions, we will look at your results and analyze areas for growth and improvement.
3. Types of Business Relationships
Maximizing relationships in business is important for business success and communication. This lesson provides insight into three different types of common and important relationships.
4. Benefits of Developing Effective Business Relationships
In this lesson, we will discuss the many benefits of developing effective business relationships. We will take a look at both tangible, and intangible, benefits that can come from these interactions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.