About This Chapter
About This Course
This chapter's lessons examine the habits of strategic thinkers and options for employing big picture thinking. Your managers and employees can learn about the following topics:
- Critical skills for strategic thinking
- Top habits of strategic thinkers
- Strategies for big picture thinking
- Decision making with big picture analytics
These corporate training lessons will show your company's employees and managers what is involved in the strategic thinking process and help them develop the habits they need to be strategic thinkers. They can check their learning with short chapter exams, and an end-of-course final exam assesses their knowledge on key concepts.
How It Helps
- Promotes effective habits: These lessons help your employees and managers become better strategic thinkers by showing them key skills and habits they should develop, such as the ability to challenge, interpret and decide.
- Keeps information current: By studying big picture analytical software and how businesses are using it, your managers and employees will be informed about the latest technology and be able to stay ahead of their competition.
- Provides options: Your managers and employees can study many big picture thinking strategies, including anticipating problems and reducing labor intensity. Knowing about a variety of options will make it easier to choose the option that will work best for a particular situation.
After watching these lessons, your managers and employees should be able to:
- List the key skills of strategic thinkers
- Analyze characteristics of strategic thinkers
- Understand strategies that promote big picture thinking
- Describe how to employ big picture or big-data analytical software
1. The Five Attributes of Strategic Thinkers
There are five key attributes that strategic thinkers use to manage their businesses. Use the steps and examples in this lesson to strengthen your own strategic thinking skills.
2. Habits of Strategic Thinkers
Developing the habits of a strategic thinker can change mediocre plans into exceptional ones. This lesson provides helpful suggestions for becoming a strategic thinker.
3. Brainstorming & Other Big Picture Thinking Strategies
Brainstorming, removing boundaries and focusing on possibilities are just a few ways to increase big picture thinking in a business. This lesson focuses on coming up with innovative, fresh ideas and solutions in business.
4. Using Big Data Analytics to Drive Business Decisions
This lesson will define the meaning of big data analytics and will also discuss how this information is used to drive business decisions by allowing organizations to remain ahead of the competition.
5. Practical Application: Assessing Personal Strategic Thinking Competencies
Strategic thinking can make organizations and organizational leaders better. But how can you know if you are a strategic thinker? This self-assessment encourages you to rate and then reflect on your own strategic thinking skills.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Big Picture Thinking in Business course