About This Chapter
Student Resources for High School Biology - Summary
Understanding high school biology concepts can be challenging for any student. Feel confident in your ability to boost your grades or pass your class by taking advantage of the student resources in this chapter! Utilize fun and interactive online flashcards you can access anytime and from any computer or mobile device to strengthen your memorization skills and gain greater insight into key biology concepts. When finished with this chapter, you will understand topics that include:
- Cell membrane functions
- Cell organelles
- Abiotic factors of an ecosystem
- Cell biology
- Endocrine, nervous and skeletal systems
How They Work
Flashcards help increase your high school biology knowledge thanks to repetition and the ability to confirm concepts you understand and revisit those that require more attention.
- Open a flashcard set for the topic you're studying.
- Identify the image, word, name or event on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Cell Membrane Functions List & Flashcards
This flashcard set will introduce you to the cell membrane and its structure and function. All cells have cell membranes, which act as the border patrol of a town, only allowing certain things in or out.
Cell Organelles Flashcards
In this flashcard set, you will learn about the parts of a cell that work together like the parts of a factory to help the cell perform the functions necessary for its survival.
Homeostasis Vocabulary Flashcards
Want to know why you shiver when you are cold or start sweating when you are hot? Use this flashcard set to quiz yourself on the basics of homeostasis.
Abiotic Factors of an Ecosystem Flashcards
This flashcard set will help you to understand the difference between abiotic and biotic factors, as well as memorize specific examples of the two types found in aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems.
Cell Biology Flashcards
This flashcard set will overview cell theory and the major components of the cell. It also reviews the characteristics of the two types of cells: prokaryotic and eukaryotic.
Endocrine System Flashcards
In this flashcard set, you'll be able to practice your knowledge of the endocrine system. We'll go over the important endocrine glands, their hormones, and their functions.
Nervous System Flashcards
This set of flashcards will help you understand the different divisions of the human nervous system. Learn about the parts of the nervous system that give you information about your environment, keep your heart beating and allow your eyes to move to read this description right now!
Medical terminology for body parts can be confusing. These flashcards will help you learn and understand some of the major vocabulary terms associated with skeletal muscles and other important parts of the muscular system.
Skeletal System Flashcards
In this flashcard set you'll learn about the different parts of your skeleton, as well as the different structures that make up long bones, or bones in your appendages. We'll also go over the different types of cells within your bones.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Biology: High School course
- Basic Terms & Skills in Biological Science
- Analyzing Scientific Data
- Inorganic and Organic Chemistry for High School Biology
- Enzyme Function, Interactions & Regulation
- Cell Biology
- Bacterial Biology Overview
- Intro to Viruses
- Metabolic Biochemistry for High School
- Cell Growth & The Process of Cell Division
- Nucleic Acids: DNA & RNA
- Requirements of Biological Systems
- The Transcription and Translation Process
- Mendelian Genetics & Mechanisms of Heredity
- Types & Effects of Genetic Mutations
- DNA Technology and Genomics
- Basic Molecular Biology Laboratory Techniques
- Geologic Time Scale
- Evolution Overview
- Plant Biology
- Plant Growth and Reproduction
- Introduction to Fungi
- Introduction to Invertebrates
- Introduction to Vertebrates
- Physiology: Circulatory, Respiratory, Digestive, Excretory, Muscuskeletal Systems
- Physiology: Nervous, Immune, Endocrine Systems
- Ecology & Environment
- Animal Reproduction & Development
- Animal Populations and Behaviors
- Homeschool Resources for High School Biology
- Biology: Homeschool Assignments & Projects