About This Chapter
Student Resources for High School US History - Chapter Summary
How much do you know about high school U.S. history? The resources in this chapter can help you find out! Get a comprehensive review of important events and prominent figures in this nation's history by exploring fun and interactive flashcard sets and other resources. Test your memorization skills while enhancing your overall knowledge. Topics you will understand upon completion of this chapter include:
- When and why the Bill of Rights was drafted
- What prompted and occurred during the American Civil War
- Why the Civil Rights Movement started and how it impacted the United States
Bill of Rights Flashcards
This set of flashcards allows you to explore what the Bill of Rights is, when it was developed and what is included in each of these first ten amendments to the Constitution.
American Civil War Overview Flashcards
This set of flashcards will take you start to finish through the battles, leaders, and resolution of the U.S. Civil War. Learn about the bloodiest day in American history, the divisions between the states, and test your knowledge of crucial dates and events.
Civil Rights Flashcards
This set of flashcards traces the origins of civil rights in the United States. It can help you identify the key players in the Civil Rights Movement, as well as understand the key court cases and legislation that helped to end segregation in public places and schools.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the US History: High School course
- Settling North America (1497-1732)
- The Road to Revolution (1700-1774)
- The American Revolution (1775-1783)
- The Making of a New Nation (1776-1800)
- The Virginia Dynasty (1801-1825)
- Jacksonian Democracy (1825 -- 1850)
- Manifest Destiny (1806-1855)
- Sectional Crisis (1850-1861)
- American Civil War (1861-1865)
- Reconstruction (1865-1877)
- Westward Expansion, Industrialization & Urbanization (1870-1900)
- The Progressive Era (1900-1917)
- American Imperialism (1890-1919)
- The Roaring 20s (1920-1929)
- The Great Depression (1929-1940)
- The US in World War ll (1941-1945)
- Post-War World (1946-1959)
- The Cold War (1950-1973)
- Protests, Activism and Civil Disobedience (1954-1973)
- The 1970s (1969-1979)
- The Rise of Political Conservatism (1980-1992)
- Contemporary America (1992-2013)
- Writing History Research Papers