About This Chapter
About This Chapter
Study.com uses short videos and text lessons to help our learners grasp and retain information in digestible formats and quantities. We have lessons geared toward learners of all ages and grade levels, including graduate school. These tools can be used in the classroom or as homework to supplement your curriculum, and this chapter will demonstrate how to use them from an instructor's perspective.
Who's it for?
- Teachers: Use these lessons in the classroom and assign lessons and quizzes to students
- Parents: Study.com videos can earn your homeschooled children certificates or supplement your child's education
- Tutors: Short, targeted videos can be used to help your students with just the specific aspects of a subject they need to learn
Why You'll Love Study.com
Study.com offers comprehensive courses and powerful tools to help you learn and retain information. Here are a few of the site features that you'll find most helpful:
- Teachers can assign lessons to students as homework and get results emailed to them
- Short, engaging videos that average around 5 minutes each to keep students' attention
- Handy timelines below every video that allow you to skip to only the parts you want to address
- A mobile-friendly interface means your students can learn at home, at school or on the go
- Your students will have the ability to ask our expert instructors questions if they need extra help
- Lesson, chapter and course quizzes to test student understanding of the material
- How to use Study.com in the classroom
- Showing our lessons in the classroom
- Flipping your classroom with Study.com
- Assigning lessons to your students
- Creating a classroom on Study.com
- Assigning a chapter to your students
1. How to Use Study.com in the Classroom
Find out how you can use study.com videos in your classroom to help introduce new topics, supplement your lesson plans, and reach multiple learning styles in this short video.
2. How to Flip Your Classroom with Study.com
Below you will learn how to flip your classroom with Study.com. Assign our videos to your students to watch at home or use them in the classroom to enhance your class time and target specific student needs.
3. How to Assign a Study.com Lesson to Your Students
Learn how to assign a Study.com lesson to your entire classroom with just one teacher account! You'll also learn how the teacher dashboard works, and how to track your students' progress on each quiz that accompanies your assigned lesson.
4. How to Create a Classroom on Study.com
Below you will learn how to create a classroom on Study.com to send lessons to all of your students in a few steps!
5. The Flipped Classroom With Study.com
A busy educator explains how Study.com has helped her create a successful and engaging blended learning environment. By using video lessons and quizzes, Ms. Nicholson has reduced her prep time and increased student engagement.
6. Study.com's Teacher Edition
Below learn all about Study.com's Teacher Edition Membership!
7. Study.com's Virtual Classrooms
Learn all about Study.com's Virtual Classrooms.
8. How to Set Up a Class and Invite Students in Your Study.com Virtual Classroom
Learn how to quickly and easily set up a classroom and invite your students using Study.com's Virtual Classrooms.
9. How to Create Assignments in Your Study.com Virtual Classroom
Learn how you can quickly and easily create assignments in your Study.com virtual classroom.
10. How to View Grades and Export CSVs in Your Study.com Virtual Classroom
Learn how to quickly and easily view grades and export CSV file grade reports using your Study.com virtual classroom.
11. Study.com School Plans
Study.com offers School Group Plans for your teachers with special pricing!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.