About This Chapter
1. Three Types of Ecological Pyramids: Number, Biomass, & Energy
This lesson is on ecological pyramids. In this lesson, we'll go over what a ecological pyramid based on numbers, biomass, and energy looks like and give examples of each.
2. What Is Succession in Biology? - Definition & Examples
This lesson covers succession in biology. You'll learn the difference between primary and secondary succession and look at some specific examples of succession in different ecosystems.
3. Savanna Grasslands Biome: Definition & Examples
The world is composed of many types of biomes. In this lesson we are going to explore the savanna grassland biome. Our goal is to gain an understanding of the biome's characteristics, locations, and inhabitants.
4. The Energy Pyramid of a Tropical Rainforest
What do you know about energy pyramids and the tropical rainforest? In this lesson, you will learn what an energy pyramid is as well as what the energy pyramid of a tropical rainforest looks like.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the General Studies Science: Help & Review course
- Chemical Compounds & Bonds Overview
- Drawing Conclusions from a Scientific Investigation
- Electricity Fundamentals & Overview
- Energy & Heat Overview
- Essential Biology Concepts
- Essential Chemistry Concepts
- Essential Concepts in Physics
- Evolutionary Principles
- Food Webs Overview
- Foundations of Chemical Compounds & Bonds
- Foundations of Chemical Reactions, Acids, and Bases
- Foundations of Energy & Heat
- Foundations of Magnetism
- Fundamentals of Mechanics
- Lab Equipment for Scientific Study
- Measurement & the Metric System Fundamentals
- Nuclear Energy Fundamentals
- Planning a Scientific Investigation Or Experiment
- Plant & Soil Ecology
- Populations & Relationships in Ecology
- Sound & Light Waves
- The Periodic Table, Atoms & Elements
- Using Data for Investigation & Experimentation