About This Chapter
Studying for Accounting 301 - Summary
This collection of flashcards helps you study important accounting topics quickly and efficiently. These mobile-friendly and interactive flashcards cover several definitions and concepts related to applied managerial accounting, such as budgeting, cash flow statements and more. Some of the topics you'll study include:
- Activity-based costing, cost classifications and cost-volume-profit analysis
- Budgeting and capital budgeting
- Corporate governance
- Managerial accounting decisions
- Balance sheets and financial statements
- Job order and process cost systems
- Overhead cost allocation in manufacturing
- Pricing methods and objectives
- Managerial accounting software
- Standard costs and cash flow statements
- Applied managerial accounting rubrics and assignment instructions
How They Work
As you study these flashcards, keep track of the definitions and formulas that you're familiar with, and repeat the flashcards that require extra attention.
- Open a flashcard set for the applied managerial accounting topic you're studying.
- Identify the definition, formula, or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Corporate Governance in Accounting Flashcards
Access these flashcards to focus on the role of corporate governance in the accounting process. You can review managerial accounting and the standards that govern accounting practices.
Financial Statements & Balance Sheets Flashcards
Focus on reviewing the different financial statements and balance sheets associated with accounting with these flashcards. You can also go over the ratios associated with these statements.
Cost Classifications Flashcards
Ensure you're familiar with cost classifications by working with the flashcards in this set. You can focus on different kinds of costs and how they impact businesses.
Manufacturing Overhead Cost Allocation Flashcards
Use these flashcards as tools to review cost allocation and manufacturing overhead. You can focus on the pros and cons of different types of cost allocation.
Job Order & Process Cost Systems Flashcards
You can use the flashcards in this set to go over the systems of process costing and job order costing. You'll be able to focus on the accounts and reports associated with these systems.
Activity-Based Costing Flashcards
Use these flashcards to focus on the importance of activity-based costing in business. These cards review the categories used in this kind of costing and how it can be applied to improve a business.
Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis Flashcards
Working with this set of flashcards can help you go over cost-volume-profit analysis. You can also check out information about break-even analysis and business costs.
Decisions in Managerial Accounting Flashcards
You can use these flashcards to go over managerial accounting decisions. Get familiar with different kinds of costs and how they factor into business decisions using this set.
Pricing Objectives & Methods Flashcards
Accessing these flashcards can help you review methods of pricing that businesses can use. You can also go over pricing objectives by completing this set of flashcards.
Budgeting Overview Flashcards
You can access this set of flashcards to review the principles of budgeting. You'll be able to cover different kinds of budgets and how companies make use of them.
Standard Costs Flashcards
You can work with these flashcards when you're ready to go over the uses of standard costs. You'll be able to find out how businesses focus on these costs and consider the importance of the balanced scorecard.
Capital Budgeting Flashcards
Go over the factors associated with capital budgeting by working with these flashcards. You can focus on methods for evaluating budgets and the effects of time on money.
Statement of Cash Flows Flashcards
Work with these flashcards to review the information found on a statement of cash flow. You can also use these cards to go over the methods used to prepare these statements.
Software for Managerial Accounting Flashcards
Checking out this set of flashcards can help ensure you're familiar with the software used for managerial accounting. You can go over different accounting systems and processes.
15. Accounting 301: Applied Managerial Accounting Formulas
Accounting 301 covers many formulas, compiled here to help you study. You can print this out and use it on the proctored exam to help you practice calculating important pieces of accounting information.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Accounting 301: Applied Managerial Accounting course
- Corporate Governance for Managerial Accounting
- Financial Statements & Balance Sheets
- Cost Classifications
- Manufacturing Overhead Cost Allocation
- Job Order Cost System
- Process Cost System
- Activity-Based Costing
- Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis
- Decision Making in Managerial Accounting
- Pricing Objectives & Methods
- Budgetary Control
- Standard Costs
- Capital Budgeting
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Software for Managerial Accounting
- Required Assignments for Accounting 301