About This Chapter
Studying for Accounting 303 - Summary
These simple and fun flashcards are designed to improve your comprehension of essential cost accounting concepts from Accounting 303, such as budgetary processes, cost estimation and activity-based costing. You'll be able to access these flashcards at any time that's convenient. Additional topics you can expect to study include:
- Decision making through cost accounting
- Analysis of cost behavior
- Accounting cost classification
- Types of cost systems
- Costing techniques and methods
- Trends and ethics in accounting
- Cost-volume-profit analysis
- Service and product costing
- Allocation of service departments and joint costs
- Formulas and standard costs in accounting
How They Work
You can work through these flashcard sets at your own pace and repeat cost accounting terms until you've memorized them.
- Open a flashcard set for the cost accounting topic you're studying.
- Identify the term or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Budgetary Processes Flashcards
Focus on the budgetary processes used in accounting by checking out this set of flashcards. You can review many different budgets and the information found on them.
Cost Accounting for Decision Making Flashcards
Focus on how cost accounting can influence decision-making in business with this set of flashcards. You can consider some of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles with these cards.
Cost Behavior Analysis Flashcards
Access this set of flashcards to review cost behavior analysis. Practice utilizing the formulas used in this kind of analysis and work with these cards to go over different kinds of costs.
Cost Classifications in Accounting Flashcards
Get familiar with cost classification in the field of accounting by accessing this set of flashcards. You can go over specific costs and the formulas used to calculate them with these cards.
Cost Estimation Flashcards
Access this set of flashcards to review the process of cost estimation in accounting. You can go over techniques for estimating project costs and accounting's high-low method.
Cost System Types in Accounting Flashcards
Get familiar with the different cost system types by checking out this set of flashcards. Focus on job order costing and the importance of the cost of goods sold.
Costing Methods & Techniques Flashcards
Use this set of flashcards to go over the different techniques used in costing. You can focus on the differences between these methods and how they might be used by businesses.
Ethics & Trends in Accounting Flashcards
The flashcards in this set can help you go over the ethical guidelines that govern accounting. You'll also be able to consider some recent trends in the world of accounting.
Intro to Activity-Based Costing Flashcards
Get familiar with the foundations of activity-based costing by checking out this set of flashcards. You can review the advantages and disadvantages of this type of costing.
Intro to Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis Flashcards
Access these flashcards to review information about cost-volume-profit analysis in accounting. You can focus on a business's break-even point and the margin of safety with these cards.
Product & Service Costing Flashcards
The flashcards in this set can help you review service and product costing in accounting. You'll be able to consider the flow of costs and issues associated with outsourcing by checking out these cards.
Service Department & Joint Cost Allocation Flashcards
The flashcards in this set can help you review joint cost allocation. Focus on the role of service departments in different types of cost allocation with these cards.
Standard Costs & Formulas for Accounting Flashcards
Use these flashcards to review information about standard costs. You'll also find cards dealing with common accounting formulas and how they are used in businesses.
14. Accounting 303: Cost Accounting Formulas
Accounting 303 covers many aspects of cost accounting, so this is a formula sheet with the information in one place for ratios and calculations. You can print it out and use it on the proctored exam to help calculate accounting information.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Accounting 303: Cost Accounting course
- Cost Classifications in Accounting
- Costing Methods & Techniques
- Formulas for Cost Accounting
- Standard Costs in Accounting
- Job Order Cost System in Accounting
- Process Cost System in Accounting
- Activity-Based Costing Overview
- Product & Service Costing
- Budgetary Process
- Cost Behavior Analysis
- Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis Overview
- Cost Estimation
- Service Department & Joint Cost Allocation
- Cost Accounting for Decision Making
- Ethics in Cost Accounting
- Modern Trends in Accounting
- Required Assignments for Accounting 303