About This Chapter
Studying for Advanced Operations Management - Summary
Review introductory and more advanced topics relating to operations management practices and processes with resources that can help you write essays, study for exams or recall facts you will need to know for class discussions. You can develop a deeper understanding of various topics, ranging from business modeling to risk management. These resources are designed to help you study the following:
- Business modeling and business management practices
- Operations management strategies
- Quality management and control systems
- Forecasting and demand planning
- Analyzing performance and process variability
- Inventory and supply chain management
- Project management tools and processes
- Cost analysis methods
- Assessing and managing operational risks
How They Work
Each of these resources provide a valuable way to help you study these business topics. Below you will find instructions on how to use the flashcards to study advanced operations management topics:
- Open a flashcard set for the advanced operations management topic you're studying.
- Identify the image, word, name or event on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the advanced operations management flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Basic Operations Management Flashcards
You can work with this set of flashcards to focus on basic information about operations management. Consider the strategies applied in this kind of management as well as important marketing techniques.
Business & Operations Processes Flashcards
You can work on these flashcards to easily review business and operations processes. Focus on the issues associated with these processes and some of the tools businesses can use to improve them.
Quality Management & Control Flashcards
You can review factors related to quality control and quality management by checking out the flashcards in this set. Go over quality management systems and dimensions of quality.
Continuous Process Improvement Flashcards
Access this set of flashcards to go over the factors involved in continuous process improvement. You can focus on the processes of total quality management and Six Sigma.
Forecasting, Demand Planning & Cost Analysis Flashcards
Go over the processes involved in cost analysis, demand planning and forecasting with this set of flashcards. You can review the formulas used throughout these business processes.
Performance Metrics & Process Variability Analysis Flashcards
You can use this set of flashcards to go over process variability analysis. You'll also be able to review different performance metrics and what they can tell you about data sets.
Supply Chain & Inventory Management Flashcards
Go over the aspects of supply chain management with this set of flashcards. These cards can also help you review the processes involved in inventory management.
Sustainability & Lean Management Systems Flashcards
Focus on the lean management system by accessing this set of flashcards. You can also go over the processes of supply chain sustainability and waste elimination.
Operations Project Management Flashcards
These flashcards can be used to help you review operations project management. Go over tools used in this type of management and focus on how these managers make decisions.
Risk Management in Operations Flashcards
Accessing this set of flashcards can give you the chance to review the process of risk management in business operations. Go over the plans that can be used to deal with risk.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 312: Advanced Operations Management course
- Introduction to Operations Management
- Business & Operations Processes
- Quality Management & Control
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Forecast & Demand Planning
- Performance Metrics & Process Variability Analysis
- Supply Chain & Inventory Management
- Sustainability & Lean Management Systems
- Project Management for Operations
- Cost Analysis
- Managing Risk in Operations Management
- Required Assignments for Business 312