About This Chapter
Studying for Biology 101 - Summary
These interactive biology flashcards help you study essential biology definitions, processes, concepts, structures and more. Each flashcard set covers a specific topic that's typically taught in a Biology 101 class, such as DNA, cell division, ecology, genetics, the scientific method and more. Some of the topics you can expect to study include:
- Cell division
- DNA & RNA
- Cell structure, organelles and membranes
- Evolution of planet Earth
- Principles of ecology
- Enzymatic and metabolic biochemistry
- Genetics and genetic mutations
- Inorganic and organic chemistry
- Evolution, development and classification of organisms
- Physiological systems
- Scientific experiments and method
How They Work
Studying biology with flashcards enables you to review the words you already know and repeat the definitions and concepts that require extra attention.
- Open a flashcard set for the biology topic you're studying.
- Identify the image, word, or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the biology flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
1. Explaining & Analyzing Processes of Life in Biology: Practice Problems
This lesson gives you plenty to think about with respect to biology. You'll get several opportunities to practice your understanding of the various processes involved in biology.
2. Explaining & Analyzing Physical Structures in Biology: Practice Problems
This lesson gives you numerous thought provoking questions that test you knowledge of the different parts and structure of biology, especially as it pertains to the human body.
Organic & Inorganic Chemistry Flashcards
Checking out these flashcards is an easy way to review different organic molecules and the structure of atoms. You can also focus on chemical bonds and types of solutions.
Metabolic & Enzymatic Biochemistry Flashcards
Focus on different enzymes and how they work with the flashcards in this set. You'll also be able to review the processes involved in several kinds of respiration.
Cell Membranes Flashcards
The cell membrane is a very important part of the cell because it is the barrier between the outside and inside world of the cell. Use these flashcards to review what cell membranes are made of and how they work.
Cell Structure & Organelles Flashcards
We are made of billions of cells and inside each of these cells are components that make those cells work. What are these components? Use this flashcard set to review the different types of cellular organelles and what they all do.
DNA & RNA Flashcards
The cornerstone of molecular biology is the central dogma. It describes how the 'blueprint' of life, our DNA, is used to 'build up' all the important things that make you 'you.' Use these flashcards to review the components of the central dogma.
Genetics & Genetic Mutations Flashcards
Get ready to review genetics and the impacts of mutations on DNA with the flashcards in this set. You can also focus on base pairs in DNA and the importance of alleles.
Cell Division Flashcards
Have you ever heard someone say, 'Biology is the only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing'? These flashcards will help you understand the meaning of that phrase by reviewing the process of cell division.
Physiological Systems Flashcards
Use these flashcards to review information about different human body systems. You can also go over facts about diseases and important physiological processes.
Ecological Principles Flashcards
The study of ecology deals with things like how organisms get their food, interactions between predators and prey, and how habitats are found and settled. Use these flashcards to review the relationship between organisms and their environment.
Evolution of Earth Flashcards
In history class, we learn about events that happened hundreds and thousands of years ago. But what about millions of years ago? How about billions? These flashcards will help you review the history of life on our 4.6-billion-year-old planet, Earth.
Organism Evolution, Classification & Development Flashcards
You can review different types of speciation and survivorship curves with these flashcards. You'll also be able to consider charts that focus on evolutionary relationships and taxonomic classification.
Experiments & the Scientific Method Flashcards
You can access these flashcards in order to go over the variables used in experiments. You'll also be able to review the scientific method, scientific theories and different types of charts.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Biology 101: Intro to Biology course
- Basic Terms & Skills in Biological Science
- Inorganic Chemistry Review for Biology
- Introduction to Organic Molecules & Heterotrophs
- The Nucleotide Structure of DNA & RNA
- Enzyme Function, Interactions & Regulation
- Cell Membrane Model, Components & Transport
- Cell Structure, Organelles & Organelle Functions
- Processes & Steps of DNA Replication
- Transcription, Translation & Protein Synthesis
- Types & Effects of Genetic Mutations
- Cellular Metabolism & Respiration
- Cell Growth & The Process of Cell Division
- The Musculoskeletal, Circulatory, Respiratory, Digestive & Excretory Systems
- The Nervous System & Endocrine System
- Reproduction, Development & Survival in Animals
- Mendelian Genetics & Mechanisms of Heredity
- Ecology Principles & Community Ecology
- Evolutionary Principles & Natural Selection
- Earth's Timeline & Geological Evolution
- Taxonomic Classification & Phylogeny
- Genetic Engineering & DNA Sequencing