About This Chapter
Business 101: Principles of Management Flashcards - Summary
The flashcard sets in this chapter have been created to expand and test your knowledge about the principles of management in business. Each set of flashcards focuses on different topics, allowing you to challenge yourself and see how much you know about management theories, models, terminology, and related concepts. Of the variety of flashcard sets available in this chapter, some of the topics available are as follows:
- Organization changes and business management
- Workplace communication
- Financial concerns and controls
- Human resources
- Building work teams
- Theories about organizational leadership
- Decision-making and management strategies
- Employee motivation
- Quality assurance and production
- Management theory schools
How They Work
If you need to learn these business management terms and concepts for an exam or in-class discussions, using our flashcards lets you commit this information to memory, so it is fresh in your mind.
- Open a flashcard set for the topic you're studying.
- Identify the image, word, theory or approach on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Schools of Management Theory Flashcards
Review different theories on management and how they have changed over time with these flashcards. You'll also be able to consider some of the important theorist who crafted these ideas.
Business Organization Change & Management Flashcards
You can work with these flashcards to review types of organizational change as well as models that can help companies carry out change effectively. Additionally, you'll be able to go over business structures.
Work Teams Flashcards
You can access this set of flashcards to consider different kinds of work teams as well as the stages of group developments. Possible risks of working in teams, such as groupthink, will also be reviewed.
Leadership Theory & Organizational Leadership Flashcards
This set of flashcards can help you go over different types of leaders and leadership styles used in businesses. You can also focus on kinds of organizational power.
Communication in the Workplace Flashcards
Reviewing the communication process and conflict management styles can be easy with these flashcards. You'll also be able to go over biases and types of organizational communication.
Motivation in the Workplace Flashcards
Use these flashcards to focus on various workplace motivational theories. You can examine how these theories improve employee performance and possible employee rewards.
Financial Controls in Organizations Flashcards
Use this set of flashcards to go over different kinds of organizational budgets, as well as the reasons businesses use these tools. You can also review different financial controls used in business.
Human Resources Flashcards
You can work with these flashcards to review the responsibilities of the human resources department, including employee hiring, training and termination.
Management Strategy & Decision Making Flashcards
Complete these cards when you're ready to go over important management processes, management tools and the major functions of management both in local and international organizations.
Production & Quality Assurance Flashcards
Use these flashcards to review the processes involved in Total Quality Management and ISO 9000. You can also go over the responsibilities associated with different management levels.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 101: Principles of Management course
- Management Basics
- Classical School of Management
- Behavioral School of Management Theory
- Contemporary and Future School of Management Theory
- Organizational Change
- Organizing in Business Management
- Work Teams
- Leading in Organizations
- Leadership Theory
- Motivation in the Workplace
- Communication in the Workplace
- Controlling in Organizations
- Human Resources
- Strategic Management and Managerial Decision Making
- Production and Quality Assurance
- International Management and Contemporary Issues