About This Chapter
Studying for Business 106 - Summary
How much do you know about the human resource management concepts covered in your Business 106 class? These online flashcards can help you find out! Learn or refresh your knowledge of what it takes to manage human resource issues by clicking through the flashcards at your own pace. Review the flashcard sets in any sequence you desire, and mark the cards you don't fully understand to revisit and master at a later time. In no time, you will comprehend Business 106 topics that include:
- Basics of human resources
- Theories of organizational HR
- Job design, staffing, training and performance
- Compensation for employees
- Employment laws and rights and labor relations
- Global human resource management
- HRM issues
How They Work
Flashcards make it easy for you to fully understand human resource management concepts for your Business 106 class through regular review and memorization.
- Open a flashcard set for the human resource management topic you're studying.
- Identify the word or image on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the labor relations, employee compensation, international HRM or any other flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
HR Management Basics Flashcards
The set gives an overview of the HRM field. The set examines every system from the craft system to the latest systems used by HRM professionals today.
HR Organizational Theories Flashcards
This set examines the various organizational theories that have impacted human resource management (HRM): scientific management and Frederick Taylor, Henri Fayol and his 14 principles, the Human Relations Movement, and McGregor's Theory X and Theory Y.
Job Design & Staffing Flashcards
This set examines two very important topics in HRM: Job Analysis and Staffing. If the HRM professionals don't do these roles effectively the organization won't be successful and could cease to exist.
Training & Performance Appraisal Flashcards
These flashcards guide you through training and performance appraisals. Review the benefits, types of training programs, common appraisal methods, and career stages. Learn more about assessing training needs and the reasons for job dissatisfaction.
Employee Compensation Flashcards
This flashcard set provides you with information related to different types of employee compensation. Compensation types, strategies, and systems are reviewed. You will also learn more about equity, retirement, and incentives.
Employment Laws & Rights Flashcards
This flashcard set provides an overview of employee rights, work-life balance, and stress in the workplace. Various human resource related laws are reviewed, and you will become familiar with COBRA, ADA, Title VII, and workers' compensation.
Labor Relations Flashcards
In this flashcard set, you will have the opportunity to review important vocabulary associated with labor relations. You'll learn about unions, labor disputes, government agencies that deal with labor, and more.
International HRM Flashcards
This flashcard set helps you review and understand concepts that are important to international human resource management, from employees who move overseas to work to countries that operate overseas and hire foreign nationals.
Issues in HRM Flashcards
This flashcard set will help you understand current issues in human resource management (HRM), with a heavy focus on the different types of workplace diversity to keep an eye on.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 106: Human Resource Management course
- Overview of HRM Field
- Organizational Theories & Human Resources
- Job Analysis and Design
- Staffing in Organizations
- Training and Development in Organizations
- Performance Appraisals
- Employee Compensation Issues
- Employment Law & Employee Rights
- Labor Relations
- International Human Resource Management
- Current Issues and Trends in HRM