About This Chapter
Business 107 Organizational Behavior Flashcards - Summary
If you need to know the ins and outs of organizational behavior, the flashcard sets available in this Business 107 chapter can help you recall all the important details. With our sets of flashcards, you can bolster your knowledge about major concepts and theories associated with organizational behavior. This fun and effective learning strategy gets you excited about studying, because it feels like you're playing a game. Some of the topics covered in the flashcard sets from this chapter include:
- Business communication
- Career management
- Employee perceptions and attitudes
- Basics of organizational behavior
- Group behavior in the workplace
- Behavior of individuals in organizations
- Leadership in organizations
- Job and organizational design
- Organizational change and behavior
- Handling conflict in the workplace
- Workplace culture
- Diversity in work settings
- Employee motivation
How They Work
Flashcards challenge your mind by making you dig through your organizational behavior memories to recall a definition or identify an image or term. Using flashcards is a great training exercise to do before an upcoming exam.
- Open a flashcard set for the organizational behavior topic you're studying.
- Identify the image, word, name or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Foundations of Organizational Behavior Flashcards
Using these cards can help you review levels in management and managerial functions. You can go over the events that led to the human relations movement and the field of organizational behavior.
Individual Behavior in Organizations Flashcards
This set of flashcards covers individual behavior in an organizational context. You will learn about a wide variety of personality traits, skills, and decision-making styles as well as their significance in the workplace.
Employee Attitudes & Perception Flashcards
You can work with these flashcards to go over applications of attribution theory in the workplace as well as different workplace attitudes. Consider job satisfactions and employee reactions to job dissatisfaction with these cards.
Workplace Motivation Flashcards
Different theories related to workplace motivation are covered by these flashcards. You can review how these theories differ as well as brush up on related topics, such as employee rewards and motivation.
Workplace Diversity Flashcards
Use these flashcards to go over the importance of the Americans with Disabilities Act. You can review different types of diversity and the purpose and benefits of sensitivity training.
Business Communication Flashcards
Get ready to review the techniques involved in effective business communication as well as some of the barriers to effective communication. You can also use this set of flashcards to go over types of communication used by businesses.
Group Behavior in the Workplace
Review different types of work teams and groups with the flashcards in this set. You can go over the pros and cons of working in a group, and explore the roles necessary for an effective group.
Workplace Conflict Flashcards
You can go over these flashcards when you're ready to review the steps in the negotiation process as well as different types of workplace disagreements. Conflict management styles and common perspectives on conflict will also be covered.
Leadership in Organizations Flashcards
This set of flashcards covers leadership in an organizational setting. You will learn about the roles of leaders, differences between leadership and power, leadership styles, types of positional power, and influence tactics.
Organizational & Job Design Flashcards
Get ready to review the various organizational designs and job structures with these flashcards. You can also quiz yourself on different kinds of technology and the boundaries found in organizations.
Workplace Culture Flashcards
These flashcards can give you the chance to review different aspects of organizational culture as well as the impact of organizational subcultures. You can also focus on workplace spirituality and institutionalization.
Organizational Behavior & Change Flashcards
Using these flashcards can help you review possible employee reactions to change, the stages of action research and Kotter's 8-step change model. You can also find cards that deal with the different kinds of changes an organization can undergo.
Career Management Flashcards
The flashcards in this set can help you review different methods and types of employee training. You can also use these cards to go over the different stages of career progression.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 107: Organizational Behavior course
- The Evolution of Organizational Behavior
- Management and Organizational Behavior
- Foundations of Individual Behavior
- Personality and Behavior in Organizations
- Emotions and Moods in the Workplace
- Attitudes and Values in the Workplace
- Perception and Attribution
- Employee Motivation
- Individual Decision Making in Organizations
- Workforce Diversity
- Organizational Communication in Business
- Groups and Work Teams
- Group Decision Making
- Conflict in the Workplace
- Leadership in Organizational Behavior
- Leadership Styles in Organizational Behavior
- Organizational Structure and Design
- Job Design
- Organizational Culture
- Organizational Change and Organizational Behavior
- Career Management