About This Chapter
Studying for Business 110 - Summary
Review these flashcard sets to measure your knowledge of the use of mathematics in the field of business. After learning about various business math concepts, you can evaluate how well you understand these topics by going through the flashcards. Some of the topics you will go over in this collection of flashcards are:
- The applications of math in business
- Salvage values and depreciation
- Graphing and evaluating functions and equations
- Purchases and interest
- Business number sense and financial analysis math
- Financial ratios and pricing costs
- Linear equations, quadratic equations, and probability
- Statistical calculations
How They Work
Repetition is a proven way to lock important information into your brain, and our flashcards help you repeatedly review the most essential concepts in business math.
- Open a flashcard set for the business math topic you're studying.
- Identify the equation, word, concept or formula on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Business Math Applications Flashcards
This flashcard set will help you review different ways that math is applied in business. The three examples the set focuses on are determining employee wages, calculating property taxes, and using currency exchange rates.
Depreciation & Salvage Values Flashcards
Use this flashcard set to review the concept of depreciation. This includes the different ways to calculate an item's value following depreciation and how this depends on an item's age and the frequency of its use.
Graphing & Evaluating Equations & Functions Flashcards
Want to check your understanding of graphing equations and functions? This set of flashcards will help you review how to describe simple linear equations, inequalities, and x and y coordinates on a graph.
Interest & Purchases Flashcards
The flashcards in this set will introduce you to the mathematical methods that are used to perform calculations involving interest rates and business purchases.
Math for Financial Analysis Flashcards
This set of flashcards will help you review the mathematical terms, formulas, and calculations necessary for evaluating annuities and investments, like stocks and bonds.
Number Sense for Business Flashcards
Need to brush up on some basic math skills? This flashcard set will help you develop number sense, which provides the foundation for understanding the math involved in business.
Pricing Costs & Financial Ratios Flashcards
The purpose of any business is to generate profit for the business owner. These flashcards will help you review the mathematics associated with calculating and analyzing business costs and profits.
Probability for Business Flashcards
What are the chances a certain event will occur? These flashcards will help you review how calculations involving chance, also known as probability, are completed.
Quadratic & Linear Equations Flashcards
This set of flashcards will review many aspects of working with linear equations and inequalities. It will also go over working with and solving quadratic equations using various solving methods.
Statistical Calculations for Business Flashcards
There are a variety of calculations that can be used to determine the significance of data within a set. These flashcards will focus specifically on how to calculate the mean, median, mode, range, and standard deviation.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the Business 110: Business Math course
- Number Sense
- Linear Equations and Inequalities
- Graphing and Evaluating Equations and Functions
- Quadratic Equations and Functions
- Probability and Statistics for Business
- Depreciation & Salvage Values
- Interest & Purchases
- Math for Financial Analysis
- Business Math Applications
- NES Middle Grades Math: Money & Consumer Math