About This Chapter
Business Communications Flashcards - Summary
This chapter offers a wide range of flashcard sets to guide you as you brush up on important details about business communication. These sets provide a fun and fast way to familiarize yourself with the common practices in business communication, including cards that quiz you on vocab words and concept applications. A few of the flashcard sets available in this chapter address the following topics:
- Diversity and communication
- Work team communication
- Group and interpersonal communication
- Managerial leadership
- Types of business messages
- Developing and planning workplace communications
- Cover letters and resumes
- The role of business supervisors
- Communication in the workplace
- Workplace presentations
- Technology, proposals, and reports in the workplace
How They Work
Before you take an exam, you need to have all of the facts and definitions fresh in your mind, and using these flashcards helps you to do precisely that, especially if you go through the sets repeatedly.
- Open a flashcard set for the business communication topic you're studying.
- Identify the term, concept, or process on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Workplace Communication Flashcards
Focus on types of workplace communication with the flashcards contained in this set. You can go over important aspects of this kind of communication and aspects of communication that should be avoided.
Communication & Diversity Flashcards
These flashcards will give you information about how to communicate with people from different backgrounds in a work environment and about some of the common problems related to collaborating with people in different countries.
Communication in Work Teams Flashcards
Learn about the different types of teams in companies, like cross-functional teams and self-directed teams, and about the methods that can be used to build teams that communicate well with each other to reach group goals.
Interpersonal & Group Communication at Work Flashcards
These flashcards will review workplace communication and the avenues of communication available to employees at different levels. Revisit how groups function by following a set of rules for things like performance standards and company dress codes.
Managerial Leadership Flashcards
These flashcards will give you information about how supervisors can motivate employees and about the things that drive people to succeed professionally, including personal considerations.
Supervisors in Business Flashcards
These flashcards can help you go over the responsibilities of supervisors in a business environment. Study levels of management and the skills needed by individuals in these positions.
Messages in Business Communication Flashcards
With these flashcards you'll study sending written messages in a business, which should be understandable, accurate and well organized, and learn about what types of messages should be used for specific business work like sales and marketing.
Planning & Developing Workplace Communication Flashcards
Check out this set of flashcards when you're ready to review the steps to develop workplace communications. You can also go over ways to plan these communications.
Workplace Reports, Proposals & Technology Flashcards
You can focus on information about workplace proposals or reports with this set of flashcards. You'll also be able to go over the uses of communication technology in the workplace.
Workplace Presentations Flashcards
Review information about delivering a workplace presentation with these flashcards. You can go over the tools used to create a presentation and how they can be used most effectively.
Resumes & Cover Letters Flashcards
These flashcards will give you information about the different formats you can use to prepare and submit your resume to employers and about preparing a cover letter.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 113: Business Communication course
- Communicating in the Workplace
- Communication and Diversity
- Communicating in Groups
- Interpersonal & Group Communication
- Leadership in Management
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Supervisor
- Communication as a Supervisor
- Messaging in Business Communication
- Planning to Communicate in the Workplace
- Developing Your Message in the Workplace
- Completing Your Message in the Workplace
- Using Visuals in Workplace Communication
- Communicating with Technology in the Workplace
- Business Reports and Proposals
- Delivering Business Presentations
- Resumes and Cover Letters
- Required Assignments for Business 113