About This Chapter
Who it's for
The video lessons in the Studying for College Success chapter give you access to strategies you can use to improve your study skills as an independent learner. You can benefit from this chapter if you:
- Want to understand and best utilize your unique style of learning
- Seek ways to improve your note-taking abilities
- Struggle with effectively studying for quizzes or exams
How it works
- Watch short video lessons (averaging 5-10 minutes) to learn about studying for college success
- Use the quiz with each video to determine how well you comprehend the lesson concepts
- Benefit from the timeline located below each video that allows you to skip to key topics you need to review
- Take the chapter exam to reinforce the studying strategies learned in all the lessons
- Analyze main learning styles and discover how to identify your learning style
- Learn how to take effective notes and create study guides
- Improve study skills as an independent learner
- Examine strategies that help you study for quizzes and exams
1. Taking Notes and Making Study Guides for Yourself
Notes and study guides are important tools for scholastic success. But what's the best way to take notes? And how do you create a study guide? This lesson will help you learn how to effectively complete both of these tasks.
2. How to Improve Your Study Skills
Everyone knows that they should study, but many students aren't sure exactly how to study. In this lesson, we'll talk about study skills, including how to arrange your study schedule and how to study effectively.
3. Preparing for Quizzes & Exams
Tests can be intimidating, and many students aren't exactly sure how to prepare for quizzes and exams. In this lesson, we'll examine research-based test preparation tips, including how to study and what to do on the day of an exam.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the College Success course