About This Chapter
Studying for Communications 102 - Summary
Work through this collection of interactive flashcard sets to study important interpersonal communication topics from our Communications 102 course. You'll be able to strengthen your understanding of interpersonal communication fundamentals and memorize key terms. Some of the topics you can expect to study include:
- Family and friend communication
- Love and relationship communication
- Effective conversation and listening techniques
- The impact of culture on interpersonal communication
- Emotions and emotional expressions
- Self-awareness and perception
- Power concepts in interpersonal communication
- Relationship theory
- The process of conflict management
- Verbal and nonverbal communication
- Computer-mediated and workplace communication
How They Work
These flashcards offer you a quick and easy way to review and memorize interpersonal communication concepts. Here's how they work:
- Open a flashcard set for the interpersonal communication topic you're studying.
- Identify the term or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Overview of Interpersonal Communication Flashcards
Focus on the foundations of interpersonal communication with the flashcards in this set. You can go over the communication process, different kinds of noise and traits that improve communication.
Culture & Interpersonal Communication Flashcards
This set of flashcards can help you review the importance of culture on interpersonal communication. You can go over different aspects of culture and the role of cultural acceptance.
Perception & Self-Awareness in Interpersonal Communication Flashcards
Go over the connection between self-awareness and interpersonal communication with this set of flashcards. You can also consider the stages of perception.
Verbal & Nonverbal Communication Flashcards
Focus on information about verbal and nonverbal communication with these flashcards. You'll be able to review issues associated with these forms of communication, as well as their uses.
Conversations & Effective Listening Flashcards
Focus on the importance of effective listening with this set of flashcards. You'll also be able to review conversational problems and the stages of a conversation.
Relationship Theory in Interpersonal Communication Flashcards
Accessing these flashcards can help you review the impact of relationship theory on interpersonal communication. You'll be able to go over different relationship stages and types of attraction.
The Conflict Management Process Flashcards
This set of flashcards was designed to help you review the conflict management process. You can go over conflict resolution strategies and different types of conflict.
Power in Interpersonal Relationships Flashcards
This set of flashcards can help you review different types of power in interpersonal relationships. You can also consider the cycle of violence and ways to gain compliance.
Emotions & Emotional Expression Flashcards
Working with these flashcards can help you focus on the impact of emotions on communication. You can go over different forms of emotional expression with this set.
Communication Between Family & Friends Flashcards
Focus on aspects of communication between friends or family members by checking out this set of flashcards. You can also go over the stages of friendship.
Communication in Love & Relationships Flashcards
Go over the role of communication in relationships and love by accessing the flashcards in this set. You can focus on relationship stages and theories related to love.
Workplace & Computer-Mediated Communication Flashcards
Focus on computer-mediated communication with this set of flashcards. You can also go over the role of communication in the workplace with these cards.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Communications 102: Interpersonal Communication course
- Overview of Interpersonal Communication
- The Impact of Culture on Interpersonal Communication
- Perception & Self-Awareness in Interpersonal Communication
- The Importance of Effective Listening
- Understanding Verbal & Nonverbal Communication
- Overview & Principles of Conversation Management
- Relationship Theory in Interpersonal Communication
- Communication in Relationships
- The Process of Conflict Management
- The Role of Power in Interpersonal Relationships
- Emotions & Emotional Expression
- Communication Between Family & Friends
- Interpersonal Communication in Love & Relationships
- Interpersonal Communication in the Workplace
- Computer-Mediated Communication