About This Chapter
Studying for Economics 102 - Summary
Get better acquainted with the topic of macroeconomics by using the flashcard sets from this chapter. You can access our flashcards on your favorite Internet-ready device, so you can brush up on economics while waiting in line, sitting on the couch, or even right before class. In this comprehensive chapter, some of the topics covered include:
- Aggregate supply and demand
- Money supply, the central bank, financial markets, and banking
- Exchange, specialization, and comparative advantage
- Market equilibrium, supply, and demand
- Productivity and economic growth
- Monetary and fiscal policies
- Inflation effects, payment balances, and foreign exchange
- Trade restrictions, outflows, and inflows
- Economic activity, the GDP, and equilibrium
- Production possibility curves, choice, and scarcity
- The impact of unemployment
How They Work
These flashcards have been designed to help you study through an interactive and accessible medium, making it easier to master these macroeconomic topics.
- Open a flashcard set for the macroeconomics topic you're studying.
- Identify the term, definition, name or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Scarcity, Choice & Production Possibilities Curve Flashcards
Consider the importance of scarcity to economics with this set of flashcards. You can also go over information about choice and the production possibilities curve.
Comparative Advantage, Specialization & Exchange Flashcards
This set of flashcards can help you focus on the importance of comparative advantage. The benefits associated with trade exchanges and specialization will also be covered.
Demand, Supply & Market Equilibrium Flashcards
Get ready to focus on aspects of market equilibrium with this set of flashcards. You can go over both demand curves and supply curves by accessing these cards.
GDP & Economic Activity Flashcards
Use these cards to review the function of gross domestic products in macroeconomics. You'll also be able to consider the circular flow of economic activity model.
Understanding Inflation Effects Flashcards
Check out these cards when you're ready to go over the effects of inflation. You'll be able to review the uses of the Phillips Curve, the consumer price index and more.
Overview of Unemployment Flashcards
The flashcards in this set can help you go over basic information about unemployment. You'll be able to consider different types of unemployment and the unemployment rate.
Aggregate Demand & Supply Flashcards
Focus on facts about aggregate supply and aggregate demand by checking out the flashcards included in this lesson. You can also consider models used to understand the economy.
Equilibrium in Macroeconomics Flashcards
The importance of equilibrium in macroeconomics will be covered by this set of flashcards. You can also consider the phases and turning points of the business cycle.
Economic Growth & Productivity Flashcards
You can access this set of flashcards to focus on the importance of productivity in relation to a country's economic growth. These cards can also help you review information about the standard of living.
Money, Banking & Financial Markets Flashcards
Get ready to review the banking system and financial markets with these flashcards. This set can also help you go over the functions and importance of money.
Central Bank & Money Supply Flashcards
You can study the connection between the central bank and the money supply by accessing the flashcards in this set, focusing on ways that money is used by banks.
Fiscal & Monetary Policies Flashcards
Access these flashcards to go over the uses of fiscal policies. You'll also find cards that address monetary policies. Types of economists will also be covered by these cards.
Foreign Exchange & Payment Balance Flashcards
You can access these flashcards to review information about foreign exchange rates. You'll also be able to go over the balance of payments and a country's trade balance.
Inflows, Outflows & Trade Restrictions Flashcards
Focus on economic inflows and outflows by accessing this set of flashcards. You can also use these cards to review trade restrictions and their purposes.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Economics 102: Macroeconomics course
- Scarcity, Choice, and the Production Possibilities Curve
- Comparative Advantage, Specialization and Exchange
- Demand, Supply and Market Equilibrium
- Measuring the Economy
- Inflation Measurement and Adjustment
- Understanding Unemployment
- Aggregate Demand and Supply
- Macroeconomic Equilibrium
- Inflation and Unemployment
- Economic Growth and Productivity
- Money, Banking and Financial Markets
- Central Bank and the Money Supply
- Fiscal and Monetary Policies
- Foreign Exchange and the Balance of Payments
- Inflows, Outflows, and Restrictions