About This Chapter
Studying for Education 106 - Summary
Study the terms and concepts from our Education 106: Early Childhood Education course with this series of fun and interactive flashcard sets. Use any Internet-connected device to flip through and repeat the flashcards at your own pace. You can expect to review some of the following topics:
- Foundational concepts in early childhood education
- Early childhood education programs, assessments and DAP
- The role of family and community in childhood education
- Professional development for early childhood educators
- Cognitive and social development during early childhood
- Teaching strategies for younger children
- Student equity and diversity
- Typical and atypical development in early childhood
How They Work
Using flashcards to study early childhood education concepts is simple and effective. Follow the process below to get the most out of your studying experience:
- Open a flashcard set for the early childhood education topic you're studying.
- Identify the term or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Concepts of Early Childhood Education Flashcards
Access these flashcards to go over the concepts that provide the foundation for early childhood education. Look at the theories developed by Piaget, Vygotsky, Kohlberg and more.
Typical & Atypical Early Childhood Development Flashcards
This set of flashcards can help you review both typical and atypical ways that students develop in early childhood. You can focus on cognitive and physical develop as well as developmental delays.
Education Programs for Early Childhood Flashcards
You can work with these flashcards to go over some of the educational programs dedicated to early childhood education. You'll be able to focus on programs used in preschool and kindergarten.
Social & Cognitive Development in Early Childhood Flashcards
Go over factors involved in cognitive and social development throughout early childhood with this set of flashcards. You can focus on how children grow during this period of their lives.
Strategies for Teaching Young Children Flashcards
Work with these flashcards to review teaching strategies that work for young children. You can go over various forms of instruction along with information about learning reading and writing.
Student Diversity & Equity In Education Flashcards
Focus on the importance of student equity and diversity in educational settings by accessing these flashcards. You can go over options for education as well as current social issues.
Assessment & DAP in Early Childhood Education Flashcards
This set of flashcards can help you review the principles of developmentally appropriate practices in teaching. You'll also be able to focus on different assessments used in the classroom.
Family & Community in Childhood Education Flashcards
Go over the role of a student's family and community in early education by accessing this set of flashcards. You can focus on different kinds of families and how you can speak with them.
Professional Development for Early Childhood Educators Flashcards
This set of flashcards goes over professional development options designed for early childhood educators. Consider some organizations dedicated to this kind of development with these cards.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Education 106: Introduction to Early Childhood Education course
- History & Theories of Early Childhood Education
- Typical & Atypical Early Childhood Development
- Programs & Curriculum for Early Childhood Education
- Social & Cognitive Development in Infants & Toddlers
- Early Childhood Education for Preschool & Kindergarten
- Instructional Strategies for Early Childhood Education
- Student Diversity & Equality
- Student Assessment & Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- Family & Community Involvement in Childhood Education
- Professional Development & Organizations in Early Childhood Education