About This Chapter
Studying for Finance 101 - Summary
Flip through these interactive flashcards at any time to study important Finance 101 vocabulary. When you study these flashcards, you'll be able to memorize important terms, concepts and formulas related to the fundamentals of finance, such as dividends, corporate finance, cash flow and valuation. Some other topics you can expect to study include:
- Financial capital, statements and planning
- Managing credit, cash and liquidity
- International corporate finance
- Accounting return and risk
- Dividend policy
How They Work
Flashcards allow you to repeat words until you have them memorized. If you come across a principles of finance topic that you're unfamiliar with, simply repeat the flashcard until you've committed it to memory.
- Open a flashcard set for the finance topic you're studying.
- Identify the term or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Introduction to Corporate Finance Flashcards
You can focus on the basics of corporate finance by accessing the flashcards in this set. Get ready to go over different business structures and the processes associated with financial management.
Financial Statements, Taxes & Cash Flow Flashcards
Focus on cash flow, definitions, formulas, and important financial statements with this set of flashcards. You can also consider how taxes impact cash flows.
Financial Statement Basics Flashcards
You can work on reviewing different financial statements with this set of flashcards. You'll also be able to consider the financial ratios associated with these statements.
Long-Term Financial Planning & Growth Flashcards
You can use this set of flashcards to go over aspects of long-term financial planning. These cards can also help you focus on important growth rates for businesses.
Valuation Methods Flashcards
Focus on valuation methods for stock with the flashcards in this set. You can also go over different loans, interest rates and the formulas to find the value of money at different times.
Accounting Risk & Return Flashcards
Access these flashcards when you want to review accounting risk. You'll also be able to focus on ways to determine returns on accounting investments and important formulas.
Options & Corporate Finance Flashcards
You can access these cards to get familiar with different stock options. The applications of stock options in corporate finance will also be addressed by the flashcards contained in this set.
Financial Capital Flashcards
Focus on the uses of financial capital with the flashcards contained in this set. You'll be able to review the differences between stocks and bonds, stock differences, and the SEC.
Dividends & Dividend Policy Flashcards
Get familiar with a variety of dividends by accessing this set of flashcards. You'll also be able to review different aspects of dividend policy and how they can be applied.
Cash, Liquidity & Credit Management Flashcards
Check out these flashcards when you're ready to review finance issues associated with cash and liquidity. You'll also be able to go over information about credit management.
International Corporate Finance Flashcards
Familiarize yourself with the basics of international corporate finance by accessing this set of flashcards. You can go over exchange rates and some of the risks associated with exchanging currencies.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Finance 101: Principles of Finance course
- Introduction to Corporate Finance
- Financial Statements, Taxes & Cash Flow
- Financial Statement Basics
- Long-Term Financial Planning & Growth
- Introduction to Valuation Methods
- Discounted Cash Flow Valuation
- Interest Rates & Bond Valuation
- Stock Valuation
- Net Present Value & Investment Basics
- Capital Investment Decisions
- Accounting Risk & Return
- Return, Risk, & the Security Market Line
- Options & Corporate Finance
- Cost of Capital
- Financial Leverage & Capital Structure
- Dividends & Dividend Policy
- Short-Term Financing & Planning
- Cash & Liquidity Management
- Credit & Inventory Management
- International Corporate Finance