About This Chapter
Studying for Health 101 - Summary
Study this series of Health 101 flashcards to review important health vocabulary and concepts. As you work through these interactive flashcards, you'll review and repeat terms related to personal health, wellness, environmental health, infections and much more. Other topics you can expect to study include:
- Cancer risks and treatments
- Death and bereavement
- Alcohol and drug addictions
- Nutrition, weight and fitness
- The health of aging populations
- Human sexuality and healthy relationships
- The human heart, lungs and endocrine system
- Immune disorders
- Stress and psychosocial disorders
- Violence, injury and personal safety
How They Work
Studying with flashcards allows you to repeat terms and concepts that require extra attention, which ultimately helps you commit these health concepts to memory.
- Open a flashcard set for the health topic you're studying.
- Identify the word or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Health & Wellness Overview Flashcards
You can work with these flashcards to go over important information about health and wellness. You will focus on kinds of wellness and some common diseases.
Psychosocial & Stress Disorders Flashcards
Checking out this set of flashcards can be a great way to review psychosocial, stress and anxiety disorders. You can go over symptoms of these disorders and some forms of treatment.
Drugs, Alcohol & Addiction Flashcards
You'll be able to focus on the issues associated with addiction with this set of flashcards. These cards cover different categories of drugs as well as alcohol.
Healthy Relationships & Sexuality Flashcards
You can access this set of flashcards to go over human sexuality and gender. You'll also be able to focus on the characteristics of healthy relationships and aspects of love.
Fitness, Weight & Nutrition Flashcards
You'll be able to review the importance of nutrition and fitness on your health with the flashcards in this set. You can also go over methods for measuring weight.
Health & Aging Populations Flashcards
Check out this set of flashcards when you're ready to review factors that influence the health of individuals as they age. Go over theories of aging and types of aging.
Heart, Lung & Endocrine System Health Flashcards
You'll be able to go over issues related to heart and lung health by checking out the flashcards in these set. You can also focus on issues associated with the human endocrine system.
Cancer Risks & Treatment Flashcards
Use this set of flashcards when you're ready to focus on cancer risk factors. You'll also have the chance to go over some of the options used when treating cancer and syndromes associated with these growths.
Immune Disorders & Infections Flashcards
Get ready to focus on immune disorders with the flashcards in this set. You can also review different infections and the functions of the human immune system.
Environmental Health Flashcards
Access this set of flashcards when you're ready to go over information about environmental health. Review environmental health hazards and the types of pollution found on Earth.
Violence, Injury & Personal Safety Flashcards
Work on these flashcards to go over tips for maintaining personal safety and avoiding injury. You can also review different types of violence and violent crime.
Death & Bereavement Flashcards
This set of flashcards can help you review the stages of death and bereavement. You can also consider important end of life decisions and the process of euthanasia.
Personal Health Care Flashcards
Information related to personal health care is covered by the flashcards in this set. You can go over different types of health insurance and facts about physical examinations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Health 101: Principles of Health course
- Health and Wellness Fundamentals
- Psychosocial Disorders & Mental Health
- Stress Risks & Disorders
- Drugs & Addictive Behavior
- Impact of Alcohol & Tobacco on Health
- Substance Use Risks & Disorders
- Healthy Platonic & Sexual Relationships
- Understanding Nutrition in Health
- Fitness & Weight in Personal Health
- Personal Health for Aging Populations
- Understanding Death & Bereavement
- Heart, Lung & Endocrine System Health
- Understanding Cancer Risks & Treatment
- Immune Disorders & Infections
- Understanding Diabetes & Genetic Disorders
- Environmental Health Basics
- Pollution & Environmental Issues
- Violence, Injury & Personal Safety
- Making Smart Health Care Choices