About This Chapter
Studying for Hospitality 105 - Summary
The process of studying for Hospitality 105 is made simple with these fun flashcards. Designed to help you quickly and easily absorb important details, our flashcards offer an engaging study experience. Feel confident in your understanding of various aspects of hospitality, including tourism, lodging and transportation. Once you've completed these flashcard sets, you will have a quality grasp of topics that include:
- Consumer behavior of travelers
- Food and beverage operations
- Global issues that affect tourism
- Tourism management intermediaries
- Lodging operations and classifications
- Transportation and recreation in tourism
- Trends and careers in hospitality and tourism
- Tourism economics and marketing
- Tourism planning, policy and organizations
How They Work
Flashcards use repetition to help you remember and ultimately gain full comprehension of important Hospitality 105 concepts, while allowing you to revisit topics that require additional study time.
- Open a flashcard set for the hospitality topic you're studying.
- Identify the word or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Consumer Behavior of Travelers Flashcards
Access this set of flashcards to check out the types of consumer behavior exhibited by travelers. You can review reasons people travel and traveler profiles with these cards.
Food & Beverage Operations Flashcards
Focus on operations in the food and beverage industry with this set of flashcards. You can review types of restaurants and employee responsibilities in this industry by checking out these cards.
Global Issues Affecting Tourism Flashcards
You can work with this set of flashcards to review some of the global issues that are impacting the tourism industry. Focus on problems associated with sustainability, terrorism and cultural clashes.
Intermediaries in Tourism Management Flashcards
Check out these flashcards to go over the various intermediaries associated with the tourism industry. You can focus on businesses that offer intermediary services and their functions.
Lodging Classifications & Operations Flashcards
This set of flashcards can serve as a study aid to help you review lodging classifications. You can also focus on the operations of businesses within the hospitality industry.
Overview of the Tourism Industry Flashcards
Get an overview of the history of the tourism industry by checking out the flashcards in this set. You'll also be able to review jobs in this industry and its different sectors.
Recreation & Transportation in Tourism Management Flashcards
Focus on the importance of transportation in the tourism industry with this set of cards. You can also review different forms of recreation that are tied to this industry.
Tourism and Hospitality Trends & Careers Flashcards
These flashcards can help you go over trends within the hospitality and tourism industries. You can focus on changes associated with technology and globalization as well as careers in these industries.
Tourism Economics Flashcards
Access this set of flashcards to review tourism economics. You can focus on the multiplier effect and models used to predict tourism by checking out these cards.
Tourism Marketing Flashcards
This set of flashcards can help you review marketing and the tourism industry. You can focus on forces that impact marketing, branding and the steps to successfully sell a product or service.
Tourism Organizations, Policy & Planning Flashcards
You can work with this set of flashcards to review tourism organizations around the world. You'll also be able to go over the importance of tourism planning and policies.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hospitality 105: Introduction to the Tourism & Travel Industry course
- Overview of the Tourism Industry
- Consumer Behavior of Travelers
- World Tourism Organizations
- Tourism Policy & Planning
- Tourism Economics
- Lodging Classifications
- Lodging Operations
- Food & Beverage Operations
- Transportation in Tourism Management
- Recreation Organizations in Tourism Management
- Intermediaries in Tourism Management
- Global Issues Affecting Tourism
- Tourism Marketing
- Tourism & Hospitality Trends
- Tourism & Travel Careers