About This Chapter
Humanities 101 Flashcards - Summary
The flashcard sets in this chapter flesh out the artistic developments and characteristics of several important periods in history. In repetitive and engaging style, you'll review key terms and details to the point of enhanced knowledge and memorization. Some of the flashcard sets in this chapter cover the following:
- Artistic growth in the Renaissance and Middle Ages
- Humanities in Rome, Late Antiquity, and the Ancient World
- Analyzing literary movements
- Literature of the Enlightenment, Middle Ages, and Renaissance
- Literary modernism
- Music and thought expression
- Romantic literature
- Significant American authors
How They Work
These flashcards can serve as a quick studying method for those seeking to improve their retention of important humanities terms and historical details. You can use these cards to shore up what you already know while further versing yourself in key humanities concepts.
- Open a flashcard set for the humanities topic you're studying.
- Identify the image, word, or name on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Literary Analysis & Movements Flashcards
Review major literary periods and the authors associated with them by checking out these flashcards. You'll also be able to go over types of literary criticism and literary devices.
Humanities in the Ancient World Flashcards
Get ready to review ancient Egyptian and Greek art with these flashcards. You can go over the works of ancient playwrights and focus on ancient religions and architecture.
Humanities in Rome & Late Antiquity Flashcards
You can use these flashcards, which cover Rome and late antiquity, to go over the characteristics of Roman art, architecture, engineering and religion. You'll also be able to review the impact of different cultures on Roman civilization.
Literature of the Middle Ages Flashcards
By studying this set of flashcards, you can gain a solid understanding of the literature of the Middle Ages. Important authors and works are included, such as Dante, Chaucer, and Beowulf.
Renaissance & Middle Ages Art Flashcards
Focus on reviewing the characteristics of art in the Renaissance, the Baroque period and the Gothic period. You can find cards that deal with specific artists and important works of art.
Literature of the Renaissance Flashcards
Major artists and writers of the Renaissance time period are reviewed by these flashcards. You can also go over how religion and scientific developments impacted creators working during this time.
Literature of the Enlightenment Flashcards
You can access these flashcards to review important philosophers, writers, and scientists from the Enlightenment period. Focus on the works created in this period and how their influence is still felt today.
European Art Music Flashcards
Prepare to review the music created in the different creative periods with these flashcards. You can go over important composers and the musical techniques used.
Romantic Period Literature Flashcards
Completing these flashcards can help you review important literary creators who worked during the Romantic period. You can go over aspects of the American Romantic movement and focus on important Romantic texts.
Music & Thought Expression from 1800-Present Flashcards
Focus on reviewing modern composers and musical styles as you complete these flashcards. You'll also be able to go over important modern philosophical movements.
19th & 20th Century Literary Modernism Flashcards
Review some of the major writers and playwrights of the 19th and 20th centuries with the flashcards in this set. You can focus on major literary works and characteristics of different literary periods.
Prominent American Novelists Flashcards
You can use these flashcards to review major American writers, including novelists, poets and essayists. Go over the famous works these individuals created and focus on the characteristics of their writing styles.
13. Vocabulary List for Humanities 101
This is a vocabulary list for Humanities 101. The terms and concepts on this list will be covered on the final exam for credit-recommendation. Use this asset as a guide to prepare for the final exam.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Humanities 101: Intro to the Humanities course
- Literary Analysis and Movements
- Humanities in the Ancient World
- Oral Tradition
- Humanities in Rome and Late Antiquity (250 CE-550 CE)
- Literature of the Middle Ages
- The Medieval Period in Music
- Art and Architecture of the Middle Ages
- Literature of the Renaissance
- Renaissance Music
- Art & Architecture of the Renaissance & Reformation
- Literature of the Enlightenment
- The Baroque Era in Music
- The Classical Era in Music
- The Romantic Period in Literature
- The Romantic Era in Music
- Literature of the Victorian Era
- Modern Thought and Expression (1800-Present)
- Literary Modernism in the 19th & 20th Centuries
- Modern Music
- World Music
- Prominent American Novelists