About This Chapter
Studying for Nursing 301 - Summary
This chapter provides interactive study flashcards that go over important topics from Nursing 301, such as data standards in healthcare, academic informatics and the future of nursing informatics. You can flip through these flashcards any time using your computer or mobile device. Other topics you can expect to study include:
- Nursing informatics software and hardware
- Healthcare info systems and informatics
- Nursing informatics obstacles and literacy
- Patient-focused information technology
- Nursing informatics safety and connectivity
How They Work
Studying nursing informatics with flashcards helps you quickly review, repeat and memorize essential definitions.
- Open a flashcard set for the nursing informatics topic you're studying.
- Identify the term or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Healthcare Informatics & Info Systems Flashcards
You can review information systems and their use in healthcare informatics by accessing this set of flashcards. You'll also be able to check out some useful healthcare databases and websites.
Hardware for Nursing Informatics Flashcards
Get familiar with the computer hardware used in nursing informatics by checking out this set of flashcards. You can go over devices used for input, networking and more.
Software for Nursing Informatics Flashcards
Check out this set of flashcards when you're ready to review software associated with nursing informatics. You can go over many computer programs that are utilized in the medical field.
Connectivity & Safety for Nursing Informatics Flashcards
Work with the flashcards in this set to focus on the role of network safety and connectivity in the field of nursing informatics. These cards go over IT security concerns and different types of networks.
Healthcare Data Standards Flashcards
Focus on reviewing information about healthcare data standards with this set of flashcards. You can go over types of data and the record systems used in nursing informatics.
Patient-Focused IT Flashcards
The flashcards in this set can help you review the uses of patient-focused information technology in nursing informatics. You'll be able to go over specific tools and applications used in this field.
Academic Informatics & Nursing Flashcards
Go over information about the role of academic informatics in nursing with this set of flashcards. You'll also find cards that deal with SEEDS and the TIGER initiative.
Informatics Literacy & Obstacles in Nursing Flashcards
Accessing these flashcards can help you review the importance of informatics literacy in nursing and some of the obstacles associated with it. The cards in this set also focus on specialized information systems.
The Future of Nursing Informatics Flashcards
Access these cards to focus on future technological improvements in nursing informatics. These cards also address legislature that has had an effect on the nursing informatics field.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Nursing 301: Nursing Informatics course
- Informatics & Information Systems in Healthcare
- Computer Hardware for Nursing Informatics
- Basic Computer Software for Nursing Informatics
- Online Connectivity & Security for Nursing Informatics
- Data Standards in Healthcare
- Patient-Centered Information Technology
- Nursing & Educational Informatics
- Informatics Literacy & Challenges in Nursing
- The Future of Nursing Informatics
- Required Assignments for Nursing 301