About This Chapter
Studying for Physics 112 - Summary
The flashcard sets contained within this collection are here to help you reinforce your understanding of Physics II course material. As you flip through the cards in each set, you'll hone your recognition of formulas, definitions, concepts, laws and theories, famous figures and more. Use these cards any time you want to improve your knowledge of physics, whether you are a science student or just interested in the subject; it's a great way to study for a test or exam, too! The flashcard sets in this chapter cover such topics as:
- Energy and heat transfer
- Thermodynamics, the ideal gas law, and kinetic theory
- Light, optics and electromagnetic waves
- Electrostatics and magnetism
- Circuits, capacitors and electronics
- Relativity and quantum theory
How They Work
It's so easy to use our Physics 112 flashcards! Master those tricky formulas, definitions, laws and concepts by following these simple instructions:
- Open a flashcard set for the physics topic you're studying.
- Identify the keyword, formula, image, definition or other physics concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Energy Transfers in Physics Flashcards
In this set of flashcards, you will review how energy is transferred in physical systems. These flashcards will give a basic overview of energy transfers and then will focus in on reactions involving heat and electrical energy.
Heat Transfer & Interaction Flashcards
How does a hot cup of coffee left on the table cool off over time? These flashcards will help you review how heat moves from one object to another and how to complete calculations involving heat energy transfer.
Basic Nuclear Physics Flashcards
Use these flashcards to review basic nuclear physics, including the particles that make up an atom's nucleus (and the particles that make up those particles) and the physical phenomena that they are part of.
4. Physics 112: Physics II Formulas & Constants
The Physics 112: Physics II course includes formulas related to energy, electric current, electromagnet waves and magnetic fields, most of which you'll find on this sheet.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Physics 112: Physics II course
- Energy Transfers in Physics
- Heat Transfer & Interaction
- The Basics of Thermodynamics
- Ideal Gas Law & Kinetic Theory
- Light & Electromagnetic Waves
- Mirrors & Lenses in Geometric Optics
- Basics of Electrostatics
- Magnetism Basics
- Series, Parallel & Combined Circuits
- Capacitors, Inductors & Alternating Current
- Modern Quantum Theory
- Basic Nuclear Physics
- General & Special Relativity