About This Chapter
Studying for Psychology 101 Flashcard Sets - Summary
Utilize these interactive flashcards to support your study of various introductory psychology topics. You can focus on such areas as cognition, personality, learning and perception. These flashcards supply a fun and engaging way for you to retain information about these areas. Topics include the following:
- History of psychology
- Biological aspects of psychology
- Human cognitive and emotional development
- States of consciousness
- Psychology of personality
- Sensation and perception
- Social psychology
- Treatment of psychological disorders
- Psychology data and statistical information
How They Work
Flashcards provide you with the opportunity to review and study small bits of information so you can focus on specific topics where you might need the most attention.
- Open a Psychology 101 flashcard set for the topic you're studying.
- Identify the word, name or event on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the psychology flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
History of Psychology Flashcards
This set of psychology flashcards focuses on the early history of the discipline and explores the ways psychology functions as a science rather than a philosophy. You'll learn the names of important branches of psychology and famous psychologists.
Biological Psychology Flashcards
Check out how biology can affect psychology with these flashcards. You'll be able to go over different parts of the nervous system and the human brain. Additionally, you can access cards that deal with neurotransmitters and biopsychology.
Sensation & Perception Flashcards
You can work on these flashcards to go over information about human senses, including vision, hearing, taste, smell and touch, and review major theories regarding these senses.
States of Consciousness Flashcards
By studying this set of flashcards, you will learn the fundamental concepts behind the study of states of consciousness in psychology, including sleep, dreams, hypnosis & meditation.
Psychology of Learning Flashcards
Do you ever wonder how people are able to not only learn new things themselves, but also train animals to do new things? Gain insight into the psychology of learning with these handy flashcards.
Human Cognition Flashcards
What makes your brain work so well (or not so well) when you need to remember something important? These cards may not solve that mystery, but they will provide some helpful insight into how we think.
Human Emotion & Motivation Flashcards
By studying these flashcards, you can achieve a solid understanding of concepts related to human motivation and emotion in psychology. Concepts includes Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, fight or flight, and various theories of emotion.
Developmental Psychology Flashcards
You can access these flashcards when you're ready to review the psychologists and theories associated with developmental psychology. Go over different models regarding how humans develop over their lifespans.
Psychology of Personality Flashcards
These flashcards can help you go over Freud's stages of personality development. You'll also be able to review humanistic psychology and Freudian defense mechanisms.
Social Psychology Flashcards
By studying these flashcards, you will be able to obtain a solid understanding of important concepts related to social psychology. Important key terms, theories, and important psychologists are covered.
Psychological Disorders Flashcards
You can review different psychological disorders by going over this set of flashcards. Get familiar with symptoms for different disorders and the use of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
Psychological Treatments Flashcards
Working on these flashcards can help you review different types of psychological therapies. You can also go over other treatment options, such as biological therapy. Additionally, you can focus on psychiatric drugs.
Data & Statistics in Psychology Flashcards
Use these flashcards to go over different types of studies used by psychologists. Review how these studies should be judged and some of the things they can measure.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Psychology 101: Intro to Psychology course
- History & Fundamental Theories of Psychology
- Biological Bases of Behavior for Psychology
- Importance of Sensation and Perception
- States of Consciousness in Psychology
- Introduction to Learning in Psychology
- Cognition Theories & Processes
- Motivation & Emotion Theories in Psychology
- Developmental Psychology Theories & Stages
- Overview of Personality in Psychology
- Social Psychology Concepts & Theories
- Types of Psychological Disorders
- Types of Psychological Treatments
- Trends in the Study of Psychology
- Statistics & Research for Psychology