About This Chapter
Studying for Psychology 103 - Summary
Flashcards are great tools for studying and memorizing important information. In this chapter are flashcard sets designed to help you understand human development concepts covered in Psychology 103. Click through the flashcards to review psychology concepts, flip them over to gauge your understanding, and set aside those you don't fully understand to revisit later. Taking these steps can help you understand topics that include:
- Theory of human growth and development
- Biological, psychological, sensory and perceptual development
- Development of cognition and intelligence
- Social and linguistic development
- Atypical development
How They Work
Memorizing and boosting your understanding of psychology and development concepts is easily accomplished by flipping through the flashcards repeatedly and setting aside those that need more attention.
- Open a flashcard set for the psychology topic you're studying.
- Identify the word or topic on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the sensory development, social development or any other flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Human Growth & Development Theory Flashcards
Challenge your knowledge of cognitive development theories and research methodology with this set of flashcards! You will review a plethora of psychologists, various theories regarding human behavior, and terminology related to scientific research.
Biological & Psychological Development Flashcards
These flashcards will help you review how humans develop biologically and psychologically, from conception into late adulthood. It will also explore the relationship between nature and nurture, or genetics and the environment.
Sensory & Perceptual Development Flashcards
Need to review sensory and perceptual development? Use this set of flashcards to study important concepts related to the acquisition and loss of the senses and how we perceive our surroundings.
Cognitive Development Flashcards
This set of flashcards will help you review cognitive development from infancy through adulthood. We will look at the stages of development and the scientists responsible for determining these stages.
Intelligence Development Flashcards
Use these flashcards to review your understanding of the stages of intelligence development, the different ways intelligence is measured, and the influence of genetics and environment.
Language Development Flashcards
Use this flashcard set to review the development of language. Learn the stages of language development and the different schools of thought on how language development occurs.
Social Development Flashcards
Use these flashcards to help review social development and social relationship development, from infancy into adulthood. Learn the ins and outs of attachment theory, and test yourself on the stages of social identity acquisition.
Atypical Development Flashcards
What happens when development doesn't go as planned? Use this flashcard set to test your knowledge on atypical physical, mental, and social development.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Psychology 103: Human Growth and Development course
- Theoretical Approaches to Human Growth and Development
- Research Methods and the Study of Human Growth and Development
- Genetic Influences on Development
- Biological Development
- Sensory and Perceptual Development
- Cognition and Cognitive Development
- Creativity and Intelligence Development
- Language Development
- Social Development
- Social Relationship Development
- Atypical Development