About This Chapter
Abnormal Psychology Flashcards - Summary
This chapter offers flashcard sets designed to challenge your knowledge about abnormal psychology. Use our interactive flashcards on your favorite device to get a better grasp on the vocabulary terms, psychology theories, important researchers and related concepts studied in a typical Psychology 106 class. While there are many concepts reviewed in this chapter, some of the topics mentioned in these flashcard sets include:
- Treatment options and an overview of abnormal psychology
- Research methodologies and clinical assessments
- Measuring cognition in abnormal psychology
- Substance use, factitious, and eating disorders
- Developmental disorders over the human lifespan
- Abnormal behavior models
- Personality and mood disorders
- A review of the psychodynamic model
- Dissociative and psychotic disorders
- Gender identity and sex disorders
- Somatoform disorders
- Anxiety and stress disorders
How They Work
Repetition of keywords, definitions, and concept applications with our flashcards can help you memorize abnormal psychology topics faster and more efficiently.
- Open a flashcard set for the topic you're studying.
- Identify the diagnosis, term, name or symptom on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Abnormal Psychology Overview & Treatments Flashcards
Check out these flashcards to easily review the basics of abnormal psychology. You'll also have the chance to focus on psychological treatment options.
Clinical Assessment & Research in Abnormal Psych Flashcards
Focus on reviewing the techniques used in clinical assessment and research for abnormal psychology with this set of flashcards. You'll be able to consider various assessments and how they are judged with these cards.
Biological Model of Abnormality Flashcards
Accessing this set of flashcards can help you focus on the biological model of psychosocial abnormality. Review the treatments used in this model and go over parts of the human brain.
Psychodynamic Model of Abnormal Behavior Flashcards
Get ready to review the psychodynamic model of abnormal behavior with these flashcards. You can go over the psychologists associated with this model as well as common treatment methods.
Models of Abnormal Behavior Flashcards
You can check out this set of flashcards to go over some of the psychological models of abnormal behavior. These flashcards focus on the unique ways these models view mental ailments.
Cognition in Abnormal Psychology Flashcards
Check out these flashcards when you're ready to review the impact of abnormal psychology on cognition. You'll explore the cognitive model of psychology and cognitive disorders.
Lifespan Development Disorders Flashcards
Review the characteristics of lifespan development disorders by checking out this set of flashcards. You can focus on learning disorders, conduct disorders, autism and more.
Mood & Personality Disorders Flashcards
Accessing this set of flashcards can provide you with the opportunity to review the characteristics of mood disorders. You'll also be able to look at personality disorders and how they are grouped.
Stress & Anxiety Disorders Flashcards
Access this set of flashcards to work on reviewing both anxiety and stress disorders. Go over different categories of these disorders and focus on some of the ways they are treated.
Somatoform Disorders Flashcards
Focus on reviewing the characteristics of somatoform disorders with this set of flashcards. You can go over the symptoms of these disorders and review the options to treat them.
Eating, Factitious & Substance Use Disorders Flashcards
Use this set of flashcards to review substance abuse, factitious and eating disorders. You'll be able to go over characteristics of these disorders and how they can affect people.
Psychotic & Dissociative Disorders Flashcards
Focus on different dissociative and psychotic disorders with the flashcards in this set. You can examine symptoms of these disorders and some treatment options.
Sex & Gender Identity Disorders Flashcards
You can access this set of flashcards when you're ready to go over gender identity and sex disorders. These cards cover a variety of disorders as well as information about treatment.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Psychology 106: Abnormal Psychology course
- Intro to Abnormal Psychology
- Clinical Research for Abnormal Psychology
- The Biological Model of Abnormality
- The Psychodynamic Model of Abnormal Behavior
- The Behavioral/Learning Model of Abnormal Behavior
- The Cognitive Model of Abnormal Behavior
- The Humanistic-Existential Model of Abnormal Behavior
- The Sociocultural Model of Abnormal Behavior
- The Diathesis-Stress Model
- Clinical Assessment in Abnormal Psychology
- Introduction to Anxiety Disorders
- Mood Disorders of Abnormal Psychology
- Stress Disorders
- Somatoform Disorders in Abnormal Psychology
- Dissociative Disorders in Psychology
- Eating Disorders in Abnormal Psychology
- Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders
- Substance Use Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
- Cognitive Disorders
- Lifespan Development Disorders
- Personality Disorders in Abnormal Psychology
- Factitious Disorders
- Treatment in Abnormal Psychology
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Abnormal Psychology