About This Chapter
Psychology 107 Life Span Developmental Psychology Flashcards - Summary
These flashcard sets cover developmental stages and influences on development across the human life span. As you practice with each individual set, you can more easily bring to mind important terms, definitions, and concepts about these psychology topics. Of all the flashcard sets available for this chapter, some of the major areas of review include:
- Prenatal development
- Birth and the neonatal period
- Development of infants and toddlers
- Early and middle childhood development
- Adolescent development
- Development during early, middle and late adulthood
- The impact and related stages of death and dying
- The major principles of human development
- Genetic influences on development
- Human development research methodologies
How They Work
These flashcards provide a supplemental way to study the life span developmental psychology topics you've been reviewing in class, which allows you to keep up with and perhaps even get ahead of your classmates.
- Open a flashcard set for the developmental psychology topic you're studying.
- Identify the concept, word, name or definition on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Research Methods for Human Development Flashcards
Working on these flashcards can help you focus on reviewing various research methods that can be used while studying human development. You can go over factors used in experimental design and the ethics of psychological studies.
Foundations of Human Development Flashcards
Review some of the important psychologists who have studied human development and their theories with this set of flashcards. You can focus on examining how people develop emotionally, intellectually, and physically.
Genetic Influences in Human Development Flashcards
Use this set of flashcards to review the ways that genetics can impact human development. You'll be able to focus on types of genetic disorders, natural selection, and chromosomal traits.
Prenatal Development Flashcards
You can access these flashcards to go over information about the bodily structures involved in the process of reproduction. You'll also be able to review stages of prenatal development and some risks to unborn fetuses.
Childbirth & the Neonatal Period Flashcards
You can use these flashcards to go over the steps involved in childbirth and the importance of the neonatal period. You'll be able to focus on neonatal assessments and newborn reflexes.
Development in Infants & Toddlers Flashcards
You can access this set of flashcards to go over the ways that infants and toddlers develop. Stages of development, including social and language, will be covered by these flashcards.
Early Childhood Development Flashcards
You can access these flashcards in order to go over information about early childhood development. Focus on parenting styles, types of families, the development of a sense of self, and cognitive abilities.
Middle Childhood Development Flashcards
You can use these flashcards to focus on how individuals develop throughout middle childhood. You'll be able to look at physical, cognitive, and emotional changes as well as some disorders that can impact people at this age level.
Adolescent Development Flashcards
You can work on these flashcards when you're ready to review factors that influence adolescent development. You can focus on moral, gender and identity development.
Early Adulthood Development Flashcards
These flashcards can help you go over the stages of early adult development. You'll also have the chance to review theories on love as well as factors that can influence the chances of a successful marriage.
Middle & Late Adulthood Development Flashcards
Focus on these flashcards when you're ready to review the physical, psychological, and cognitive changes that can occur during middle and late adulthood. You'll also be able to go over some of the medical conditions common in these age groups.
Stages & Impact of Death & Dying Flashcards
Review information about the impact of death, dying, and grief by working with these flashcards. Additionally, you'll be able to consider end-of-life care and legal concerns.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Psychology 107: Life Span Developmental Psychology course
- Intro to Human Development
- Research Methods for Human Development
- Foundations of Human Development
- Genetic Influences in Human Development
- Overview of Prenatal Development
- Childbirth and the Neonatal Period
- Human Development in Infancy and Toddlerhood
- Early Childhood Physical and Cognitive Development
- Early Childhood Psychosocial Development
- Human Development in Middle Childhood
- Adolescent Physical and Sexual Development
- Adolescent Psychosocial Development
- Early Adulthood Physical and Cognitive Development
- Early Adulthood Psychosocial Development
- Middle Adulthood Physical and Cognitive Development
- Middle Adulthood Psychosocial Development
- Late Adulthood Physical Development
- Late Adulthood Psychosocial and Cognitive Development
- Stages and Psychological Impact of Death and Dying