About This Chapter
Studying for Psychology 312 - Summary
If you need to review important terms and concepts from Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology, check out these online flashcard sets. The flashcards can be accessed on any computer or mobile device, and they're designed to improve your comprehension of psychology history, trends and much more. Other topics you can expect to study include:
- Applied psychology
- Behaviorism, functionalism and structuralism in psychology
- Gestalt psychology
- Philosophical and physiological influences on psychology
- Psychoanalytic theories
- Minorities and women in psychology
How They Work
Flip through these psychology flashcards at your own pace, and repeat difficult terms until you memorize them.
- Open a flashcard set for the psychology topic you're studying.
- Identify the term or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
History of Psychology Overview Flashcards
Use these cards to go over the history of psychology. You can review different approaches to psychology through the years, along with more recent trends in this field.
Philosophical Influences on Psychology Flashcards
Use this set of flashcards to review the way philosophy has influenced psychology. You can study major schools of philosophical thought and some of the important philosophers throughout history.
Physiological Influences on Psychology Flashcards
You can work with these flashcards to go over the way physiology has influenced psychology. Focus on a variety of physiological theories and some of the important scientists in this field.
Women & Minorities in Psychology Flashcards
Focus on the important contributions of women and minorities to psychology by checking out this set of flashcards. You can review historical firsts from both African Americans and women.
Structuralism & Psychology as Science Flashcards
Focus on the impact of structuralism with the set of flashcards. You can also use these cards to review the development of psychology from a philosophy into a science.
Functionalism in Psychology Flashcards
Review information about the history of functionalism in psychology with the flashcards in this set. You can focus on major psychologists in this field and related branches of psychology.
Applied Psychology Flashcards
Working with these flashcards can give you the opportunity to review important individuals in the field of applied psychology. You can also go over some tests used in this psychological field of study.
Behaviorism in Psychology Flashcards
This set of flashcards focuses on behaviorism in psychology. You can go over important psychologists in this field and the impact of both classical and operant conditioning.
Gestalt Psychology Flashcards
Work with this set of flashcards to review the theories of Gestalt psychology. You can find cards that cover major psychologists in this field and the experiments they conducted.
Theories of Psychoanalysis Flashcards
This set of flashcards can serve as a study tool to help you review the theories of psychoanalysis. Focus on the main theorists in this field and their ideas on human development.
Contemporary Trends in Psychology Flashcards
Review some current trends in psychology by working with this set of flashcards. You can go over the psychologists who influenced modern psychology and explore their theories.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology course
- Studying the History of Psychology
- Philosophical Influences on Psychology
- Physiological Influences on Psychology
- Women & Minorities in Psychology
- The New Psychology
- Structuralism in Psychology
- Antecedent Influences on Functionalism
- Development of Functionalism
- Applied Psychology
- Antecedent Influences on Behaviorism
- Development of Behaviorism
- Evolution of Behaviorism
- Gestalt Psychology
- Important Theories in Psychoanalysis
- Contemporary Developments in Psychology
- History of American Psychiatry
- Case Studies in Psychology
- History of Psychology Overview
- Required Assignment for Psychology 312