About This Chapter
Studying for Science 101 - Summary
Access these mobile-friendly flashcards to review essential terms and concepts related to the natural sciences. These interactive study tools are designed to help you review topics such as evolution and phylogeny, ecosystems, cellular processes and molecular genetics. Some other topics you can expect to study include:
- Plant, animal, cell and molecular biology
- The properties of matter
- Atomic structure
- Earth science and ecology
- Magnetism and electricity
- Human anatomy
- Thermodynamics and relativity
- Light and sound waves
How They Work
These convenient natural science flashcard sets allow you to repeat important scientific terms and concepts as many times as you need until you've committed them to memory.
- Open a flashcard set for the natural science topic you're studying.
- Identify the word or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Cell Biology & Processes Flashcards
Are you interested in learning more about cell biology? If so, use the flashcards in this set to learn more about the biological processes that occur in plant and animal cells.
Molecular Biology Flashcards
Going over these flashcards can allow you to easily review information about molecular biology. Focus on some of the major biological molecules, including proteins, lipids and carbohydrates.
Introduction to Biochemistry Flashcards
You can check out this set of flashcards to go over the basics of biochemistry. Working with these cards can help you review the processes of photosynthesis and cellular respiration.
Students who are struggling to understand genetics can use these flashcards to help increase their understanding of this topic. The flashcards in this set will help students test their knowledge on a range of subjects related to genetics.
Molecular Genetics Flashcards
Work with this set of flashcards to consider the basics of molecular genetics. You can go over the processes involved in this aspect of genetics and also focus on mutations.
Animal & Plant Biology Flashcards
You have the opportunity to use these beneficial flashcards to learn much more about animal and plant biology. You can look at topics such as annuals, upper epidermis, phloem, amniotic fluid, and gametes.
Human Anatomy Overview Flashcards
Focus on facts about human anatomy by accessing this set of flashcards. You can go over major human systems and the roles that they play in the health of our bodies.
Ecology & Ecosystems Flashcards
Do you need to learn more about ecology and ecosystems? If you do, you should review the information in this flashcard set so that you can become an expert on these topics.
Evolution & Phylogeny Flashcards
Do you have an interest in mastering information about evolution and phylogeny? Then you should use the flashcards available to you in this set. Some topics you'll visit include vertebrates, protists, eubacteria and fungi.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the Science 101: Intro to Life Sciences course
- Introduction to Life Science
- Cell Biology Fundamentals
- Introduction to Molecular Biology
- Molecular Genetics Overview
- Cellular Reproduction Processes
- Introduction to Biochemistry
- Plant Anatomy, Physiology & Processes
- Animal Reproduction, Growth and Development
- Animal Anatomy, Physiology & Functions
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Environmental Science Fundamentals
- Introduction to Ecology
- The Origin and History of Life On Earth
- Basics of Evolution
- Phylogeny and the Classification of Organisms