About This Chapter
Studying Rumpelstiltskin - Chapter Summary
Follow along with our expert literature instructors to study Rumpelstiltskin. As you work through this series of bite-sized literature lessons, you'll summarize the story and analyze topics related to the fairy tale's themes and characters. Use any computer or mobile device to access the lessons, and be sure to take the accompanying self-assessment quizzes and chapter exam. This chapter is available at any time of day or night, and you can reach out to our instructors if you have any questions. By the end of the chapter, you should be equipped to:
- Summarize the story of Rumpelstiltskin
- Analyze the tale's themes and morals
- Describe the fairy tale's setting and main characters
1. Rumpelstiltskin: Story Summary & Facts
In this lesson, we'll summarize the fairy tale 'Rumpelstiltskin,' which was recorded by Jacob Ludwig Grimm and Wilhelm Carl Grimm based on the stories and folktales they had heard while traveling.
2. Rumpelstiltskin: Moral, Themes & Analysis
In this lesson, we will analyze the morals and themes of 'Rumpelstiltskin' by the Brothers Grimm, including thinking before speaking, taking responsibility for your mistakes, and the evils of greed.
3. Rumpelstiltskin Setting
This lesson will describe the several different settings in the fairy tale Rumpelstiltskin and how they fit into the tradition of other German folktales.
4. Rumpelstiltskin: Main Characters & Analysis
In this lesson, we'll describe the four main characters in the Brothers Grimm fairytale ''Rumpelstiltskin,'' including the miller, the king, the miller's daughter, and the title character Rumpelstiltskin.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Fairy Tales & Fables: Study Guide & Homework Help course
- Studying The Princess & The Pea
- Studying Thumbelina
- Studying Rapunzel
- Studying The Tortoise & the Hare
- Studying The Little Mermaid
- Studying The Fox & The Crow
- Studying The Ant & The Grasshopper
- Studying The Little Match Girl
- Studying The Twelve Dancing Princesses
- Early Fables & Fairy Tales
- Studying Hans Christian Andersen
- Russian Fairy Tales & Folklore
- Studying Little Red Riding Hood