About This Chapter
Studying The Ant & the Grasshopper - Chapter Summary
Study the classic fable The Ant and the Grasshopper with this collection of bite-sized literature lessons. The lessons contains simple explanations of the story's setting, themes, sequence of events and more. You can check your understanding of the story's literary elements by taking the included lesson quizzes and chapter exam. If you have any questions, our expert literature instructors are available to help. The lessons and quizzes are available 24/7 so you can study whenever you have free time. When you're finished with the chapter, you'll be able to:
- Summarize The Ant and the Grasshopper and analyze its themes/morals
- Describe the setting of the fable
- Understand more literary concepts related to this fable
1. The Ant & the Grasshopper Summary
'The Ant and the Grasshopper' teaches readers an important lesson about priorities and responsibility. In this lesson, we'll look at the consequences of the Grasshopper's actions and how the Ant approached winter: well prepared.
2. The Ant & the Grasshopper: Moral, Themes & Analysis
What can you possibly learn from a children's fable? Plenty! In this lesson, we'll examine and analyze some of the morals and themes from Aesop's short tale 'The Ant and the Grasshopper.'
3. Setting of The Ant & the Grasshopper
In this lesson, we'll explore how the setting of Aesop's fable 'The Ant and the Grasshopper' helps drive home the message of there being a time for work and a time for play. You'll also discover how the choice of animals plays a part in the setting.
4. The Ant & the Grasshopper Activities
Want to make your reading of The Ant and the Grasshopper a bit more engaging? This lesson contains several ideas for activities that make learning about the morals contained in this fable more fun and engaging for students.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Fairy Tales & Fables: Study Guide & Homework Help course
- Studying Rumpelstiltskin
- Studying The Princess & The Pea
- Studying Thumbelina
- Studying Rapunzel
- Studying The Tortoise & the Hare
- Studying The Little Mermaid
- Studying The Fox & The Crow
- Studying The Little Match Girl
- Studying The Twelve Dancing Princesses
- Early Fables & Fairy Tales
- Studying Hans Christian Andersen
- Russian Fairy Tales & Folklore
- Studying Little Red Riding Hood