About This Chapter
Studying ''The Brass Teapot'' - Chapter Summary
If you need to review and analyze the short story ''The Brass Teapot,'' simply work through this comprehensive literature chapter. Containing short lessons and mini quizzes, this chapter helps you summarize the story, analyze its themes and describe its characters. These lessons are taught by expert English instructors, and the chapter includes plenty of self-assessments to help you check your understanding of the story. Access the chapter at any time, and feel free to submit questions to our instructors if you need any help. When you're finished working through the chapter, you should be equipped to:
- Summarize ''The Brass Teapot''
- Identify and describe the characters from the short story
- Analyze the short story's major themes
1. The Brass Teapot by Tim Macy: Story Summary
If you have read ''The Brass Teapot'' by Tim Macy, you might find yourself wondering what the heck you just read. Don't worry, in this lesson, we will break down the important parts of the story with a solid summary of the events.
2. The Brass Teapot by Tim Macy: Characters
What would you do if you could earn money for causing pain, either to others or yourself? What kind of people would do such a thing? Find out in this lesson, which will take a closer look at the characters in Tim Macy's 'The Brass Teapot.'
3. The Brass Teapot by Tim Macy: Themes & Analysis
'The Brass Teapot' is a short story by Tim Macy about a couple who finds a magic item that ends up taking more than it gives. The author uses the themes of desperation and greed to guide his story.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Short Stories: Study Guide & Homework Help course
- The Short Stories of Guy de Maupassant
- Studying The Lady or the Tiger
- The Short Stories of Washington Irving
- The Short Stories of Saki
- The Short Stories of Katherine Mansfield
- The Short Stories of Anton Chekhov
- Studying Desiree's Baby
- Studying The Bride Comes to Yellow Sky
- Studying The Yellow Wallpaper
- Studying Death by Scrabble
- The Short Stories of Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Short Stories of Joseph Conrad
- The Short Stories of Jack London
- The Short Stories of Edith Wharton
- The Short Stories of Ambrose Bierce
- Short Stories by Genre
- Short Stories Summary & Analysis
- The Short Stories of Kate Chopin
- The Short Stories of Edgar Allan Poe
- The Short Stories of Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The Short Stories of Thomas Hardy
- The Short Stories of Mark Twain