About This Chapter
Studying The Fox & the Crow - Chapter Summary
Work through this literature chapter at your own pace to review the classic fable, The Fox and the Crow. These lessons highlight important literary terms and concepts pertaining to the story's plot, characters, setting, themes and more. You can check your understanding of the material by taking the accompanying self-assessment quizzes and chapter exam. You can study wherever and whenever it's convenient, and our expert literature instructors are available to answer your questions. Upon completion of the chapter, you'll be equipped to:
- Summarize the story of The Fox and the Crow
- Describe the fable's characters and setting
- Analyze the moral and themes from this fairy tale
1. The Fox & the Crow: Moral, Themes & Analysis
Who doesn't love a nice compliment? But, in the fable 'The Fox and the Crow,' flattery ends in trickery and defeat. Complete this lesson to learn about the moral and themes present in this classic fable.
2. The Fox & the Crow Summary
Flattery can be the hungry person's downfall! In this lesson, you'll learn more about the role flattery plays and how the Crow is tricked by the Fox in Aesop's fable, 'The Fox and the Crow.'
3. The Fox & the Crow Setting
In this lesson, we will look at how the setting in 'The Fox and the Crow' is used to better drive home the message that we need to beware of flattery. We will look at the physical setting and how animals are used.
4. The Fox & the Crow Characters
If someone told you you were beautiful, would you be mad? Most people would say no, but there is a Crow from a famous fable that would beg to differ. In this lesson, we will learn about the characters from the classic fable, 'The Fox and the Crow,' and see how the Crow's ego cost her a meal.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Fairy Tales & Fables: Study Guide & Homework Help course
- Studying Rumpelstiltskin
- Studying The Princess & The Pea
- Studying Thumbelina
- Studying Rapunzel
- Studying The Tortoise & the Hare
- Studying The Little Mermaid
- Studying The Ant & The Grasshopper
- Studying The Little Match Girl
- Studying The Twelve Dancing Princesses
- Early Fables & Fairy Tales
- Studying Hans Christian Andersen
- Russian Fairy Tales & Folklore
- Studying Little Red Riding Hood