About This Chapter
Studying ''The Lady or the Tiger'' - Chapter Summary
Check out this mobile-friendly literature chapter to review the most important literary elements of ''The Lady or the Tiger''. Our expert English instructors will help you break down and analyze topics pertaining to the short story's themes, settings, characters and more. We encourage you to take the accompanying self-assessment quizzes to ensure your comprehension of the material. If you have any questions, our instructors will be happy to assist you. The chapter is also available on any Internet-connected device, which helps you study wherever and whenever it's convenient. By the end of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Summarize and analyze ''The Lady or the Tiger''
- Evaluate the themes from the short story
- Describe the short story's setting and characters
1. The Lady or the Tiger Setting
''The Lady or the Tiger?'' ... or the arena? The setting in this story by Frank Stockton contributes significant aspects of time, place and location to this quirky little tale. In this lesson, we'll take a look at them all.
2. The Lady or the Tiger Characters
In this lesson, we will examine the characters from Frank R. Stockton's 'The Lady, or the Tiger?' It is a fairytale about love, jealousy, and justice.
3. The Lady, or the Tiger? - Summary & Analysis
'The Lady, or the Tiger?' by Frank R. Stockton is one of the most popular short stories of all time. In this lesson, we'll explore this unusual story and learn about why it is so widely read.
4. The Lady or the Tiger Themes
'The Lady, or the Tiger?' is a classic of the short story genre. In this lesson, we explore some of its themes including consequence of action, limits of love, randomness of life, and human assumption.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Short Stories: Study Guide & Homework Help course
- The Short Stories of Guy de Maupassant
- The Short Stories of Washington Irving
- The Short Stories of Saki
- The Short Stories of Katherine Mansfield
- The Short Stories of Anton Chekhov
- Studying Desiree's Baby
- Studying The Bride Comes to Yellow Sky
- Studying The Yellow Wallpaper
- Studying The Brass Teapot
- Studying Death by Scrabble
- The Short Stories of Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Short Stories of Joseph Conrad
- The Short Stories of Jack London
- The Short Stories of Edith Wharton
- The Short Stories of Ambrose Bierce
- Short Stories by Genre
- Short Stories Summary & Analysis
- The Short Stories of Kate Chopin
- The Short Stories of Edgar Allan Poe
- The Short Stories of Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The Short Stories of Thomas Hardy
- The Short Stories of Mark Twain