About This Chapter
Studying The Little Match Girl - Chapter Summary
This convenient online teacher resource chapter includes lesson planning and teaching materials that cover The Little Match Girl. Use the lesson plan outline to design a unit on the story. The chapter also includes topical lessons that examine the story's plot, themes, moral, setting and characters. You can integrate these lessons into your classroom instruction or assign them to your students as homework. The chapter is accessible at any time, and you can use any Internet-connected device to pull up these resources.
How It Helps
- Helps plan lessons: Offers a quick, easy and convenient way to plan lessons about The Little Match Girl.
- Engages students: Students will enjoy the entertaining nature of the chapter's topical lessons.
- Increases student comprehension: Helps your students remember critical information about the story's most important literary elements.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning The Little Match Girl lessons easy.
- Use lesson plan outlines for specific The Little Match Girl topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your literature class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related lessons on The Little Match Girl for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important literature concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant The Little Match Girl activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. The Little Match Girl Summary
'The Little Match Girl' is a beautiful story of comfort and memories and a tragic tale of a poor and forsaken child. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the story behind one little match girl.
2. The Little Match Girl: Moral, Themes & Analysis
In this lesson, we will discuss the themes and morals from 'The Little Match Girl' by Hans Christian Andersen. This is a fairy tale about a poor girl who has visions as she freezes to death on a cold New Year's Eve.
3. The Little Match Girl Setting
In this lesson, we'll examine the settings found in 'The Little Match Girl.' We will look at how each of the settings from reality and imagination tell a story about hope in a dark world.
4. The Little Match Girl: Characters & Analysis
In this lesson, we will analyze the characters from 'The Little Match Girl' by Hans Christian Andersen. This story is about a little girl who freezes to death while trying to sell matches to make money for her abusive family.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Fairy Tales & Fables: Study Guide & Homework Help course
- Studying Rumpelstiltskin
- Studying The Princess & The Pea
- Studying Thumbelina
- Studying Rapunzel
- Studying The Tortoise & the Hare
- Studying The Little Mermaid
- Studying The Fox & The Crow
- Studying The Ant & The Grasshopper
- Studying The Twelve Dancing Princesses
- Early Fables & Fairy Tales
- Studying Hans Christian Andersen
- Russian Fairy Tales & Folklore
- Studying Little Red Riding Hood