About This Chapter
Studying The Princess & The Pea - Chapter Summary
Our instructors present entertaining lessons on the fairy tale The Princess and the Pea in this fun chapter. You'll review the moral of the story as well as its theme and the characters. You can review these lessons as many times as you need to in order to understand the story. As a great way to prepare for a class test or discussion, take the quizzes offered with each lesson. Feel free to study any time you'd like on your mobile phone or tablet. Our instructors are available to help you if you have questions. Once you complete this chapter, you should be ready to:
- Summarize The Princess and the Pea
- Analyze the theme and moral of the story
- Explain who the characters in The Princess and the Pea are
1. The Princess & The Pea Summary
In this lesson, we will summarize Hans Christian Andersen's fairytale ''The Princess and the Pea'', which is about an old queen that learns not to judge others by their appearance.
2. The Princess & The Pea: Moral, Theme & Analysis
In this lesson, we'll analyze the morals and the themes of the fairytale 'The Princess and the Pea' by Hans Christian Andersen. Our discussion will touch on reserving judgment, promoting authenticity, and recognizing that little things matter.
3. The Princess & The Pea Characters
This lesson describes the three main characters in Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale 'The Princess and the Pea', as well as the characteristics that make these characters familiar archetypes in many fairy tales.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Fairy Tales & Fables: Study Guide & Homework Help course
- Studying Rumpelstiltskin
- Studying Thumbelina
- Studying Rapunzel
- Studying The Tortoise & the Hare
- Studying The Little Mermaid
- Studying The Fox & The Crow
- Studying The Ant & The Grasshopper
- Studying The Little Match Girl
- Studying The Twelve Dancing Princesses
- Early Fables & Fairy Tales
- Studying Hans Christian Andersen
- Russian Fairy Tales & Folklore
- Studying Little Red Riding Hood